South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Warm-Up, 2/19

It's supposed to warm up to 50* here today!!! That will feel like a heatwave after all these below freezing days we've had! First, though, we might have to deal with a little freezing rain but hoping that will be the only little hump in the day.

Coffee, anyone?
Old 02-19-2014, 07:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Yep - my DH said it is quite wicked out there - freezing rain, and the kids have a 2 hour delay. Looking out the window, it's snow right now though.

I woke up early, so trying to book everything for our vacation to Chicago next month. I grew up in IL, so we're making a whirlwind tour of 3 friends' houses, my brother, and downtown chicago with the museums. It should be crazy and fun, with lots of great memories.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:10 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"We're havin' a heatwave, a tropical heat wave" up here too. Today we will finally get above freezing for the first time in months - November maybe? It's supposed to be showers and 40ºF/3ºC! That should melt about as half inch of snow so it's not spring yet.

No dump of snow until next week but I have a personal dump to deal with. I have not been keeping up with house stuff, I must admit. Accounting has taken precedence over my usual tidying. I need to get back into Fly Lady mode for a bit. Good thing tomorrow is trash day. And I am caught up with all laundry.

So - out of the jammies and into jeans and a LS shirt and I'll get on with it.

Hope your day is semi-tropical.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:34 AM   #4  

GAH! They just cancelled school, AGAIN!! Stinkin' freezing rain!!
Old 02-19-2014, 07:34 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

everyone! I took Sat. off at the restaurant so I have 5 days to get this unit liveable. The new guy is moving in Feb.27 and I have to go to the real job Feb 24-26, so this is it. I've been trying to keep our place liveable AND stick to my food plan, too. I moved my ticker down 1 more today! I'm going to grab a coffee and head down to the homedepot 1/2 hour away and am off to the races!

I'm hoping the weather scene is improving for you all-Twynn ouch for icy stuff!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-19-2014, 07:34 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning ladies and thanks for the coffee, Cottage. We are also supposed to get above freezing today and have some rain. Hope things melt back a little and we don't get more ice build up. In hopes that spring will actually show up sometime I ordered a couple of perennials yesterday: some fancy daylilies and some pasque flowers. I think next time I am out and about I will check to see if the garden store has bulbs to force. A pot of tulips might be nice.

Ruth, I am joining you in accounting land. Yesterday I did DS2's taxes and today I will work on ours. Need to get them done this week for the college aid process. Good luck on getting your cleaning chores done!

Tammy, your trip sounds fun! I didn't take the kids to enough museums when they were little.

Jennifer, I guess I should have said Central NY rather than downstate. From here, everything is down!

Ok, more coffee and to see about breakfast. Have a great day all!

ETA: Good morning to Debbie! Congrats on moving your ticker and good luck on your renovations.

Last edited by Beth19; 02-19-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Twynn - your comment made me literally LOL.

I'm working the closing shift tonight. I have a date with a book today. I think I'll run out for some groceries and a Powerball ticket; someone has to win so it might as well be me! Leftovers for lunch and dinner.

Have a great one.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage glad your area is heating us as well and that the freezing rain moves out quickly

Tywnn two days in a row no school do you think they will go for 3

Ruth I need to do some de-cluttering as well but that will have to wait until at least the weekend. I am trying to catch up on laundry in the evenings

Debbie hope you get everything done in time and congrats on the scale moving downwards

Beth I still have DS1 taxes to do, my mom and dad's taxes to do and then all of our IL taxes. I have to do the FASA for DD1 but in no rush she will not qualify for anything and DS1 is graduating this year so he does not need it done.

Karen I may have to stop and purchase one ticket for tonight.

I had my first Kale smoothie this morning, interesting texture but not bad, I paired it with coconut milk and cherries but forgot to add my protein powder.

Back to work today so I will be busy with interviews and meetings all day. DD2 has her last volleyball game tonight so I am going to try my best to get out of here by 3 p.m. so I can see it. They are only little for so long and she is the same age as the little girl in MO that was abducted and killed yesterday so sad.

Stay safe and warm and have a great day!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Looks like we are all getting into accounting mode. Monday I will get my taxes done. FASA is in, but I too don't think DS will receive any aide. At least SUNY schools are still "reasonable."

Ruth my house too is suffering. It is neat, but boy do my floors need help this winter.

Congrats Debbie on all your accomplishments not just the scale

Tammy sounds like a great vacation for you and the family. I have a friend from HS who lives in Franfort(?) She used to live in Manhattan, Il which I think is close to Chicago. Wouldn't it be funny if you knew her Her first name is Carrie.

Nothing exciting. Thinking the septic guy is taking advantage. My yard is a complete disaster. I insisted he is not near the lid, even my ex husband agrees. Tomorrow I am going to tell him to bill me for the mess he made. Then I am going to contact the Board of a Health to get a copy of my septic survey on file with the county. Sometimes I really hate being a single female homeowner. I will win this battle without turning to food! Mainly BC I don't want to use the septic any more than necessary lol

Have a great night all.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #10  

Funny Jennifer - my roommate from college is in Frankfort, we're spending a day with her, but her name is Robin .
Closed Thread