View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #6
Mudpie

S/C/G: 152/ticker/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Meat in a net for dinner - some sort of pork/ham/MSG mixture. Threw it in the slow cooker this morning with shanghai bok choy and mushrooms (close to compost veggies so had to do something with them) and some lite mushroom soup. I sang the "Spam, spam, spam spam" song the whole time I was eating it. I know DH won't touch it so I have my dinner for the next 4 nights or so - it was a BIG net.

We save on our food budget by buying all the meat that's marked down. This wasn't on sale but was a bargain price. Now I know why. As a science experiment the dinner was edible but not really good or tasty. Gotta love that slow cooker though - I had a hot meal ready for me with about 15 minutes prep in the morning. After slogging around in a snowstorm all day anything hot and fast is good in my book. And I get 4 dinners for about 15 bucks total - great since DH may be unemployed as of Thursday.

Dagmar

Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow" - Mary Ann Radmacher