Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 06:48 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-17-2014, 08:06 AM   #2  

Height: 5'2 1/2

My past two weeks, my weight loss has been slow. I recently upped my water intake during the day and within two days, I'm down 2lbs. I need to remember to drink water throughout the day, instead drinking most of it at night. Silly mistake!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 02-17-2014, 08:08 AM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
My past two weeks, my weight loss has been slow. I recently upped my water intake during the day and within two days, I'm down 2lbs. I need to remember to drink water throughout the day, instead drinking most of it at night. Silly mistake!

Have a wonderful day!
The added advantage to drinking it throughout the day instead of all at night is less bathroom trips in the middle of the night!

I find when I up my water I get better losses too.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/182/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Help me find the Ideal Alternative link?

I've seen several references in the boards about the Alternatives, but cannot locate them? I'm a newbie who is considering IP to help me lose weight for improved health, but concerned over the expense of the program and would like to try on my own first.
Thanks!!
Old 02-17-2014, 08:26 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

I just bumped the alternative thread for you Pvillan65. Hope that helps!
Old 02-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #6  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

So I started week 4 on Thursday and I also started TOM on thursday. Not one ounce gone this week lol....I find it amazing how much TOM effects one stinking week. I just had to bring it up.
Hope everyone had a great weekend
Old 02-17-2014, 08:34 AM   #7  
Started IP 04/22/2013

sweetenuf - yep, TOM will do that to you but look at your losses zooming along! You're doing great!
Old 02-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good afternoon everyone. Day 1 is going well.
@dsertflwr yes let's check in together since we are starting the same time. Evenings are my worst time, pulling out all the stops this evening and white knuckling the urges to snack. I introduced myself late last night on the weekend thread. I did try IP last year but didn't follow it through. I am back again because the possibility of losing lots of weight by following the rules is so tempting. I am so excited but my past history with diets makes me nervous. I am entering into this with my eyes wide open, no sabotaging myself this time. Good luck everyone.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
Good afternoon everyone. Day 1 is going well.
@dsertflwr yes let's check in together since we are starting the same time. Evenings are my worst time, pulling out all the stops this evening and white knuckling the urges to snack. I introduced myself late last night on the weekend thread. I did try IP last year but didn't follow it through. I am back again because the possibility of losing lots of weight by following the rules is so tempting. I am so excited but my past history with diets makes me nervous. I am entering into this with my eyes wide open, no sabotaging myself this time. Good luck everyone.
Just stick to it. Don't give yourself excuses to cheat and it will work. Believe me, I am sitting here wearing junior size 5/6 pants!
Old 02-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
So I started week 4 on Thursday and I also started TOM on thursday. Not one ounce gone this week lol....I find it amazing how much TOM effects one stinking week. I just had to bring it up.
Hope everyone had a great weekend
TOM can really stink! Onward and downward!

We had almost 6" of snow over the weekend and are getting more today!! The kids have no school, the wind is blowing like crazy you cant see diddly and quiet frankly I am sick and tired of snow and winter nuff said!

Last edited by sarahBell; 02-17-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
I am so excited but my past history with diets makes me nervous. I am entering into this with my eyes wide open, no sabotaging myself this time. Good luck everyone.
It is my past history with numerous unsuccessful diets that is making IP work for me. I'd given up on my own ability to make the right choice several times each day.

With IP the formula is so clear and simple that I don't have to trust myself to figure out what will or won't work. Just stick to the plan and see the results.

I think the later phases will then help to lay the foundation for good choices, but for now I'm very happy to just work within the Phase 1 formula.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Morning! Day 4 of my "Garden of Life Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox" and honestly haven't noticed my body going through any type of 'detox'. None of the symptoms. Guess that's a good thing!

InTheEvening...great job on not getting upset and doing something rash like going off plan! You figured out your problem and took care of it. That really shows how much you've learned about your body.

One of my really good friends started weight watchers last week. She doesn't need to loose that much weight, maybe 15 lbs or so. She got me really excited about joining her once I finished my phases of IP. I told her i'd give it a shot but it may not be the right plan for me to stick to for maintenance. we shall see!

Hope yall have a great day!
Old 02-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #13  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good morning! I'm happy to say that my area is finally out of the snow belt (hopefully for good this year!). The weekend was spring like and this week looks good too. Amazing how this can provide me more energy and a positive outlook!!! I am feeling for those of you still dealing with the snow.

WI #4 is tomorrow and I'm hoping for 2-3 lbs. Since I got rid of the flu bug and was able to eat food/IP foods again this week, I wonder if I'll have a rebound of a pound or two?

Clothes are starting to fit more comfortably (don't think enough to move down in size yet) so that is also a great feeling!
Old 02-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #14  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Happy Monday and President's Day (if you live in the US). I am lucky - have today off - however we are swamped at work so have my work laptop at home with me to do several hours of work.

I am hoping for a whoosh at the scale this week. WI on Wednesday.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #15  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

WI this morning- down another pound AND another inch overall!

Happy Presidents' Day, all!

~Renee
Closed Thread