Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #156
MsBootcamp
Drop & gimme another 20

S/C/G: 180/160/135

Height: 5'7"

Arrow I'm MsBootcamp and I LOVE fitness & sports! You?

Hi, all! I'm MsBootcamp. U.S. east coast. Love fitness. We don't (and can't) always DO what we love, eh? But at this stage in life, I'm INSISTING a lot more - with myself, and with others!

Anyone else active on SparkPeople, and use FitBit? I have the same name.

Mostly, I work out at home, though I love competitions, and being outdoors.

Daily workout staples: My mini-trampoline. Kettlebells. Resistance bands. Dumbbells. Rebound boots. Rollerblades.

Love my Ellen Croft Supreme Pilates, regular Pilates machine classes, and yoga, too. And suspension training - RIP60 and TRX.

Fave fitness DVDs: Hip Hop Abs, Focus T25, P90X (original), Kbell workouts, and yoga.

This time of year I love ice skating and skiing, yet never get there as much as I'd like! My husband doesn't ski or skate, but he will go (and stay in a lodge and read, etc.) to keep me company. So far, I still haven't any active women friends to go with me, or for me to go with.

One of my favourite films (comedy!): "JACKIE'S BACK! Portrait of a Diva," starring Jenifer Lewis, Tim Curry, and an all-star, cameo cast.

I'm about 5'7" and want to get back to 130-145 lbs and stay there. Not too worried about how long it takes. I'd rather do this steadily than be in a hurry. By my class reunion in the fall, I'll be back in pretty good shape.

I'm vegetarian and enjoy eating healthy. I do tend to snack and "graze." Two of my downfalls are my favourite trail mix and frozen yogurt.

Thank heaven, my husband's a pretty good influence on my eating. He's a good size. Slender. I think he has a pretty high metabolism since he, too, likes to snack, but also likes walking doggie two, even three, times a day. (Pretty much his only exercise, other than regular walking around.)

Working out and doing sports DO work for me! Sitting while worrying and eating do not. It's that simple.

So, I love women's rec sports and fitness. Also, riding horses and playing recreational polo - not 'killer polo.' I'd like to certify as a fitness and lifestyle coach. If you or your group are looking for someone, I'm a darned good public speaker!

Look forward to my 3rd MORE Magazine/Fitness Mag Women's Half-Marathon, Sunday, April 13, 2014, three times around Central Park, NYC; and, in June, the annual Skate of the Union in Washington, DC! Guess I'll scale back my distance goal from the 10K to the 5K!

Cheers, everyone! Good luck and thanks for reading!

Last edited by MsBootcamp : 02-16-2014 at 11:59 AM.
MsBootcamp is offline   Reply With Quote