Old 02-15-2014, 07:23 PM   #1  

Post phase 1 recipes help

im on phase 1, i like some of the products and some i dont like. im looking for recipes to jazz up the product, like add spices to it to make it taste better. where can i find recipes for that?
3mily453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi, and welcome! If you go to the weekend or daily chat the first post is from Lisa. She has all sorts of information.

You will love this forum!
IPMaryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:19 AM   #3  

Height: 5'2 1/2

I found this the other day. http://chirohealthwellness.com/ideal...n-recipes.html

Also, check the sticky threads up top.
IntheEvening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

If you are on Pinterest, try putting "Ideal Protein" into the search box and you will find all sorts of great recipes.

In addition to Lisa's index of recipes on the top of the Daily Chat, trying using google and again, just type "Ideal Protein" recipe and you will be able to scan through some entries for recipes and just suggestions.

I have discovered with many months of IP that your spice cabinet will become your best friend. Even just throwing Pumpkin Spice into a vanilla iced shake or into coffee with sweetener can quickly jazz up your food when in a hurry. I think it is important to 'treat' yourself well on this program - do not let it become boring or repetitive because it is easier to slide off the program.

I am not much of a cook on IP but I do work hard to make sure that my food is as fun and unusual as possible. I NEVER in a million years thought I would look forward to and crave cabbage, yes, cabbage, but I so love roasted garlic cabbage that I plan when I am going to make it. (Our house is on the market so I have to be careful with cooking smells.)

Yesterday after we had shown the house, I made a tray of roasted "Cruciferous Crunch" vegetables from Trader Joe's - crunchy, chewy assorted healthy green veggies...(greens, kale, broccoli, brussels sprouts and red and green cabbage)

Last edited by schenectady; 02-16-2014 at 10:57 AM.
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #5  

not much help. I just need ideas to spice up the products. like add spice to it and stuff. please help. im new and this is hard!
3mily453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #6  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Here's a few things to try:

1. When making the lemon pudding, add a few drops of lemon to it - tastes much better.

2. Pumpkin pie spice or cinammon in the vanilla pudding is good, especially if you heat it up as a drink.

3. I add oregano and garlic to most of the soups.

4. Sugar free hazelnut, creme brule or any of your favorite sugar free syrups added to the puddings or chocolate or vanilla drinks give them a richer flavor.

5. A little sea salt in the RTE chocolate pudding is good.

Hope that helps some!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #7  

in the daily chat there is a link to Fun with Veggie Purees. Most of those ideas "dress up" packets, too
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote