Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Default Body Shapers

I know not everyone likes these but about a year ago I purchased the Sweet Nothing Body Shaper from Walmart. Just a cheap one $20 and it has the longer legs (to the knee), tummy control, and straps with no bra and I love it! I have a sagging belly and it helped so much to stop my belly from flopping around when walking. Gosh I'd hate when I'd attempt a light jog and I'd have to stop because of belly flopping! I started wearing it all the time and for me it really makes a difference in how my clothing looks and fits. I can let loose during races too because I'm no longer feeling the strain of my stomach hanging down. Anyone else love wearing a body shaper?
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #2  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

I do! Do you find the body shapers to be hot when you wear them for exercise? I have an Assets by Spanx top from Target and the only downside is that it's not very breathable, maybe I need to find a different brand.

I'm very apple shaped with a thick waist and carry most of my weight around my tummy like a spare tire. I like the body shapers to keep things less jiggly around my middle. My husband teases that it feels like I have body armor on when he hugs me.
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:15 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesToTravel View Post
I do! Do you find the body shapers to be hot when you wear them for exercise? I have an Assets by Spanx top from Target and the only downside is that it's not very breathable, maybe I need to find a different brand.

I'm very apple shaped with a thick waist and carry most of my weight around my tummy like a spare tire. I like the body shapers to keep things less jiggly around my middle. My husband teases that it feels like I have body armor on when he hugs me.
I'm so used to mine that I don't get hot when I wear it to exercise. My only complaint is going to the bathroom I just started pulling the entire thing down but it's kind of a pain. Definitely a small price to pay for the support it gives me! I felt like I was able to up my game exercise wise by wearing it. I was always so conscious of my belly slamming around before and now that it's out of the way I can focus on my exercise routine and not the bouncing of my belly!

Another plus is since my clothing fits over it better I can exercise and not worry about pulling and tugging on my clothes (yet another distraction when exercising!) I'd always hold back or do a half a**ed routine because I was self conscious of how I looked. That worry is gone!

LOL Yes I concur about the "body armor"!!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I love the body shapers, except Spanx because it is soooooo tight and if it's too hard to put on I won't bother with it.

The ones you mentioned, I have a similar one and I like it too but the problem is going to the bathroom for sure! Especially now in winter because I have to wear so many layers that I have to remove all my clothing and so it is completely impractical. It's crotchless but EWWWW I can't imagine going without panties and the godforbid I try to use the bathroom and a little trickles the wrong way bleh!!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:23 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
I love the body shapers, except Spanx because it is soooooo tight and if it's too hard to put on I won't bother with it.

The ones you mentioned, I have a similar one and I like it too but the problem is going to the bathroom for sure! Especially now in winter because I have to wear so many layers that I have to remove all my clothing and so it is completely impractical. It's crotchless but EWWWW I can't imagine going without panties and the godforbid I try to use the bathroom and a little trickles the wrong way bleh!!
I've never tried the Spanx. I'm so pleased with my cheapy knock off I'll probably stick with it! Just tight enough to hold things in but stretchy enough to slide it on fairly easily. Mine has a convenient opening to use the bathroom. Ugh! Something about it just feels very unnatural so I've gotten pretty good at just slipping it off. LOL of course this requires taking my arms out of my shirt sleeves so I've become picky about shirts I can slip out of easy!
Old 02-16-2014, 11:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I have a love hate relationships with body shapers! I think I look so much better with them on like more pronounced waist, but I hate sitting in them!! I feel like the fat begins to pop up underneath my arm or below where it ends, and they're so uncomfortable/itchy! I hate the "tight" feeling but when I really want to look awesome, I suck it up and wear it! I haven't tried one while working out though-I might have to try that and see if it works better, I def have the "jiggle" issues too!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:12 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm6 View Post
I have a love hate relationships with body shapers! I think I look so much better with them on like more pronounced waist, but I hate sitting in them!! I feel like the fat begins to pop up underneath my arm or below where it ends, and they're so uncomfortable/itchy! I hate the "tight" feeling but when I really want to look awesome, I suck it up and wear it! I haven't tried one while working out though-I might have to try that and see if it works better, I def have the "jiggle" issues too!
What brand are you wearing? I am wearing a size larger than I should and it makes a huge difference in comfort and it still holds me in very well. I've lost a few lbs since I bought my original one but still don't want to go down a size because I don't want it to be uncomfortable. I LOVE the waist definition too!
Old 02-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #8  

I love wearing the Leggs Capris under my pants/jeans. It's almost like wearing footless tights but with support.

I stock up on them if they are on sale at CVS or I try to find deals on Amazon. I'm so afraid they are going to be discontinued and I won't be able to find them!

They are easy for the bathroom too, again just like tights.

Try them, you'll love them!

Here is a link to their site (I'm not affiliated with them, just sharing what I use!) http://www.leggs.com/shapewear/?list...lhouette=capri
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I have one that is like a one-piece bathingsuit with the bra cut-out. I can't remember the brand (not wearing it today). I use it whenever I wear a dress, as it smooths the pantyhose/tights waistband. I love it. It has the hook and eye losure at the crotch and I have to make sure I do not wait to long to go to the bathroom b/c it does take a tiny bit of extra time to get it undone.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I don't wear a one piece shaper, they just don't fit my body type. I do however wear the light to medium hold shaping panties. I've bought the ones at walmart (in the US, they don't have them in the right sizes/fit in Canada) and in Canada I'll buy the Pennington's brand, they are pricier, but I'll get them when they have a sale, or I have a coupon from their reward program). I like the way they feel, and they really make a difference especially when I'm going shopping for dress clothes. I always wear a good fitting bra, except for around the house when I'll wear one of the Ahh Bra types, or just a tank top/cami. If I'm wearing something with a little tighter fit I'll wear one of the camis with the bra shelf (still wearing a bra underneath) from Costco. I can't remember the brand for sure, but I think they are actually the costco brand (Kirkland), and they come in 3 packs.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vealcalf2000 View Post
What brand are you wearing? I am wearing a size larger than I should and it makes a huge difference in comfort and it still holds me in very well. I've lost a few lbs since I bought my original one but still don't want to go down a size because I don't want it to be uncomfortable. I LOVE the waist definition too!
I wear one like this! Not sure of the brand, the tag is worn out on mine lol.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-830...omper-1856.jsp

But I never thought of going up a size, maybe I should try that, I'm wearing XL right now, and I swear I thought it was the largest, but it seems there is a XXL too.

So random question, my aunt tells me that body shapers can "move fat" into other places, is that even possible?!! When she was younger she would always wear really really tight saree blouses, and her arms if you look at them, the deltoid region is small but the rest of her arm bulges out a bit, and she swears it's because of years of wearing super tight clothes so she tells me to never wear them lol, not sure how true it is, if at all, just thought I would ask, do you feel like it changes anything?? When she told me I got paranoid immediately about fat moving underneath my arms, but then it sounds pretty crazy.

One thing I do hate about the body shaper I have, it covers part of my hips/butt area and slims it down, so I feel a little disproportionate especially when I wear it underneath a dress. Maybe I need a bigger size, for just the waist?
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:06 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm6 View Post
I wear one like this! Not sure of the brand, the tag is worn out on mine lol.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-830...omper-1856.jsp

But I never thought of going up a size, maybe I should try that, I'm wearing XL right now, and I swear I thought it was the largest, but it seems there is a XXL too.

So random question, my aunt tells me that body shapers can "move fat" into other places, is that even possible?!! When she was younger she would always wear really really tight saree blouses, and her arms if you look at them, the deltoid region is small but the rest of her arm bulges out a bit, and she swears it's because of years of wearing super tight clothes so she tells me to never wear them lol, not sure how true it is, if at all, just thought I would ask, do you feel like it changes anything?? When she told me I got paranoid immediately about fat moving underneath my arms, but then it sounds pretty crazy.

One thing I do hate about the body shaper I have, it covers part of my hips/butt area and slims it down, so I feel a little disproportionate especially when I wear it underneath a dress. Maybe I need a bigger size, for just the waist?
For me, my body shaper just lifts and smooths out the fat rolls and offers support. I've been wearing mine for nearly a year and can vouch for the fact that I am no slimmer and haven't had any fat shift into other regions from wearing it.

I went to Walmart to pick up a new one and was disappointed to discover that Walmart no longer carriers the Sweet Nothing brand of shaper I like I did find a Maidenform that's comparable but they didn't have XL so I took the plunge and bought a large. It fit fine but you can imagine my horror when I discovered there was a hole in one of the seems! It must of been like that when I bought it as I noticed it immediately upon putting it on and it definitely wasn't super tight and didn't require any extra tugging or pulling to get it on. I feel icky returning it but I'm going to locate the receipt and tags and take it to Customer Service. $20 is a lot to spend on an item and if I keep it it'll just continue to rip in the seem and probably be useless in a few weeks. I also bought a blouse from there a few weeks ago, wore it once, and noticed there is a rip in the seem of it too! What the heck! I was hoping as I lost weight my clothes would last longer! Am thinking I need to rethink we're I'm clothes shopping. LOL yes yes tell me "you get what you pay for!"
Old 02-22-2014, 04:10 PM   #13  

Thanks to everyone who posted their favorite shapers! Since Walmart left me disappointed I may have to look into getting a new brand. I really love to wear them. Exercising is just so much easier because nothing is shaking out of place now. My belly is large and anyone with a stomach who hangs I'm sure can relate to when that area is flopping around. My stomach is still the same size (of course!) but now it's stays snug in place. I'm not in the least uncomfortable and love that I can kick up my workouts and no longer feel the physical discomfort of my belly shaking. It has also eliminated my shirts rolling up while I exercise. I used to half heartedly do certain exercises because I knew it was only a matter of time before my shirt would roll up and I hated to be embarrassed over my loose skin and fat.