South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 07:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Enough Already! Weekend on the Beach, Feb. 15 & 16

Are we all dug out yet? The Township ploughs were out really early this morning but Richard has been by already, not to plough the lane but to remove the huge ridge of snow blocking my lane. He'll clear the lane properly later this morning.

Not sure what's on today's agenda so will just let the day unfold. I might actually get to some odds and ends of sewing. I've not been able to wear my long wintercoat because I quickly took it off and popped both buttons. For some reason I was thinking snaps. The long zipper still works but it looks weird when not buttoned.

Wasn't than an inane conversation. I need more coffee to get "ane", I guess.

The snow can stop anytime. We have more predicted through until March but I think the temps will be above freezing towards the end of next week. We need a melt. So far we have been blessed with 78" since November and most of it is still on the ground.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:22 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I still can't believe all the crazy weather you have all been experiencing back East. Take care!

Mild here....I'm off to the restaurant this morning. Gotta go get my smoothie!

Happy Saturday everyone!
Old 02-15-2014, 07:27 AM   #3  
No where to go but up

S/C/G: 235/235/145

Height: 5.4

We are facing our third storm!! Hoping to get some fun in the sun. Not delaying enjoying my life, just changing the food and drink menu and packing the silver packets!!
Old 02-15-2014, 07:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth I love the title! Yesterday white knuckle driving to work in my Camry, I felt completely overwhelmed by this winter. The night before I came home to find my septic tank is full. I called5 companies only one could come today. The rest weren't coming out due to weather. With the toilets backed up it is making for a fun few days.

On a happier note the scale and I are friends today. Finally broke my 142 plateau. This calls for celebration, who is up for some shoveling???? lol

I burned a vacation day to be here for the septic guy. Not doing anything else today. Back to work tomorrow working 7 out of 8 days in a row. What was I thinking???? Well some OT will cover the cost from today

Linda, Ed is fine at thank you for asking Amazing considering the damage.
enjoy your day
Old 02-15-2014, 07:35 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Quote:
packing the silver packets!!
Barbie, did you mean to post this in the IP forum?
Old 02-15-2014, 07:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We're expecting another 4-5" of the fluffy white stuff this morning. At least the snow we already have seems to have compacted. I guess that was just to make room for the new stuff. But after this, it looks like we're going to finally start warming up and may reach 60* by Friday!

I'm going to go pick up Dad and take him out for groceries before the flakes start falling, so I'd better get a move on.

Have a good day, and stay safe and warm!
Old 02-15-2014, 07:43 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning. Our storm total measure 9" yesterday. I stayed inside all day although I did walk out to the mailbox.
Ended up visiting the freezer for dinner: shrimp cocktail, some teriyaki chicken, fresh green beans which needed to be used up. I need to make a concerted effort to cook from my freezer; I still buy quantities as if I have 2 teenage boys around.

Not sure what is on my agenda today. We are currently having a light flurry so there might be some shoveling. The plow guy did an awesome job yesterday and I completely avoided the chore, just did an indoor workout.

I am thinking I might go shopping this week on my vacation. I am trying to decide on snowshoes or CC skis and am wondering if maybe the stores will be starting to have end of season sales? Of course, probably not since this winter is apparently going to last until June!!

Jennifer, congrats on breaking your plateau! Hope you get the septic situation taken care of.

Anyone need some coffee?
Old 02-15-2014, 08:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! THe snow is falling again. I believe we got 10" the other day, and it looks like we have 3" or so so far today. I got to go cross country skiing yesterday (kicked my butt since there was no track yet), and I might try the snow shoes a friend gave me, later today. WAY better than the dreadmill! We're shoveling our neighbor's yard too, that's even more good exercise.

Today...I'm not sure what we're doing, isn't that fantastic? Other than playing in the snow of course. We're having a few friends over for chili later, if she still wants to visit with the rest of my family being very snotty!

Jennifer, oh what a fun reason to take the day off <sarcasm>. Make the most of it, right?!

Beth, I love my XC skies! They're actually the ones my parents got for me when I was a teenager. The thingees at the end of the poles broke, darned it, it's only been 25 years!

Cottage, the girl at work (who took the day off for the storm Thursday, she has severe anxiety with cold/bad weather) is very excited about the warm up. I'm not...it's going to be a soggy mess!!

Ruth and Debbie, enjoy your day!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Mild here too. And I can really tell now that the days are getting longer.

We are going out to dinner with friends tonight. Tomorrow I work in the afternoon. I'm still trying to find new "running" shoes; the last ones I ordered online didn't work.

Have a great weekend.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:24 AM   #10  
No where to go but up

S/C/G: 235/235/145

Height: 5.4

Hi Ruthxxx! Yes I am new to ideal protein. I'm packing for a vacation with my mango drink packets. Next year will be backing a bikini. - well, better bathing suit that is!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Okay, I'm going to admit something, but don't tell anyone. Shhhh....I'm okay with the snow we have now! LOL. DH said we're supposed to get 3-6" tomorrow night (cottage, I don't think it's getting to you, but maybe ice ), although weather.com says only 1-3. I gotta say, for accuweather being based here, they're almost always wrong, so I'll go with the 1-3 .

Today is church and probably not a whole lot else but maintenance stuff of groceries, planning, and cleaning. I didn't get a lot of cleaning done yesterday (where did the day go?), so I guess I need to do that today. DH got the kids' cold, and I'm not sure he'll want to do a lot today.

Maybe I need to visit the "what's for dinner" thread, I've been really bad about planning. Anyone with exciting plans?
Old 02-16-2014, 07:35 AM   #12  

It's a clear, sunny Sunday here this morning, and hopefully some melting will happen. It's encouraging to hear that we might reach 60* by the end of the week! I had a bad case of cabin fever yesterday, so despite the icy roads, I went to Kohl's, which is just a block away, and treated myself to some new Spring clothes. Now I can't wait until it's warm enough to wear them.

It's nice to meet you, BarbieBoston, and I wish you well on the IP Diet, but it may confuse many of us here on the South Beach Diet Forum when you speak of your packets.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:39 AM   #13  

Good morning, Tammy! I'm OK with this snow, too, but I am looking forward to Spring and warm weather now. We're supposed to get a "wintry mix" out of this next storm, so we'll see.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:48 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. It sure doesn't feel like-1ºF when there is wonderful sunshine. We are not expecting more snow until Tuesday when the temp goes up to a blazing 32ºF! Bikini weather.

Been "nose to the grindstone" lately and am seeing the end in sight for a couple of things. I'm hoping to finish them today or tomorrow. I do think I spend more time griping than actually doing!

I noticed Disney is not going down the steps to the yard so today's exercise will be chopping and shoveling the snow on the steps. Jazz just ploughs through the snow but my Katrina rescue is not impressed by northern winter.

Doesn't sound like a very exciting day, does it? I'll have to think of something to sort of perk it up!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I have been terrible about logging my exercise. How many times can you write 3 hours shoveling snow. Septic guy came. It took us hours to find the lid. The guy did not have any help except for me. He was so worried about more snow he did not even pump it. My lines may have been frozen because yesterday and today my potties are flushing without incident. Since my yard is now a disaster area he will be back Tuesday to pump the tank.

After shoveling through snow, over two feet, and heavy soil, my back is so stiff, even my calves are sore. Going to take it easy until I go to work tonight. We are expecting more snow Tuesday which may push back septic guy until Wednesday. Joyfully we are expected to be in the 40's by the end of the week.

Linda I am with you really looking forward to spring.

Tammy hope you don't DS's cold. I actually wrote my meals on the calendar for two weeks. Took stock of meals in the freezer. Did great last week which should make this week easy too. We are going to Chili's for a fundraiser tomorrow. I will check out there menu as not to eat too poorly.

Enjoy the day
Closed Thread