Old 01-29-2014, 05:38 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Old and busted: the 190s. New hotness: Getting out of the 190s.

Thought I'd take it upon myself, since the old thread was getting too big.

I've been really frustrated with this decade. But after a long, HARD sleep last night, I woke up this morning to an overnight loss of almost 2 lbs. No wonder I was so tired! That brings me to 196.4 today. If it keeps, then I'm right around the halfway mark for this decade. I can't wait to change my ticker tomorrow if the scale stays here.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Yay!!! HelloNurse! love seeing you here now that we have a brand new thread
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:31 PM   #3  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Posting to bookmark the new thread, hi guys
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:39 PM   #4  
ShutterBug

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5ft

I weigh 190 ish or something. I just started also.
Tiffany189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #5  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

193.3 but now that I know what my issue has been, I'm hoping to be out really soon!
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:50 PM   #6  

It's always good when you figure out what needs to be fixed to make the next step down. Makes you feel smrt.

That's actually one of the things I wasn't expecting when I started. I figured that once I found something that worked, I would just do exactly that same thing for a year and I would reach my goal. But every few months, I have to change my strategy and rethink what I'm doing. I guess in a way it keeps me from getting too bored, but I wish that I didn't have to keep guessing at what to do.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW 233 RW 216.8 CW 170 GW155

Height: 5' 6.5"

Hi guys!

I'm hopeful to not be around long. Hit onderland on Christmas Day, now down to 190.8 as of this am.

Lotsakids, your signature is exactly what I'm fighting. My scale is even moving and I'm fighting it because I don't feel any different. Not stronger after 1 month of lifting, not faster after 3 months of running, not thinner after lots of weight loss. It's hard to stay motivated, but that's why I'm here.
Appmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi all

I know I'm below 190 but you guys are where I get my support and this thread will rock just like the old one.

HelloNurse, are you inside my head ?! I started last March and had an almost straight line weight loss, 5kg a month, doing the same thing each time, until January started. I'm on the last 10kg to target, chosen on the basis of BMI - as still overweight but not much. Can I get through these last kilos ? It's so much harder than the last 50!! I had a great whoosh over Christmas (a real shock) but now am battling big time. And I know I have the weight to lose as I can see the fat areas still and do not feel I am at the 'end' yet.

I am doing more exercise, and really enjoying it. A balance of cardio and weights, tipped in favour of cadio as I want to run a 10k race in May. I have reduced the calories but not by too much. And then I realised I am constipated - so I hoping that is a cause for the plateau and I can blast through it

But in the meantime, I am losing, although very slowly so I shall just keep on doing what I am doing and try to avoid the old stinkin' thinking. I have come this far, I just maybe need to accept the end will be slower.

It's making me think about what target weight is, and of course about maintenance. I've never been the size I am now as an adult so this is all very unfamiliar territory to me. I still cannot quite believe I can go into a shop and have a choice of what to buy, nor do I have to look at the largest sizes all the time.
CrazyCatWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone,
197.6 this morning. I can harrdly believe it!
I started in sept and am using myfittnesspal. It has really helped me. However I am having a hard time eating enough. Yesterday I was at 950 calories.
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Hey everyone!! I read through the posts on the old thread and then saw the link to this one...

Llilith...I couldn't see the bathing suit, what's the link? I want to appreciate it in all its vixen red glory!

TooWicky and CrazyCatWoman, both in the 180s!! Amazing!! I've missed a lot while I was lounging around in the 200s thread! And Appmom, so close to the 180s, congrats!!

Well done scarletmeshell!!

I had a busy week this week but I am STILL keeping up my exercise regime of going every day. I normally go on weekends too so I guess I will run to 34 consecutive days if Sunday is my last in the streak! I also completed the squat challenge although it was for a lot less than Llilith's squat challenge - HOW many were you doing every day?! Very impressed!! The most I did was 60, which was for today

Well done and keep going everyone!!
jennybutler357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:01 PM   #11  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

HelloNurse - Thanks for the new thread. Congrats on your latest loss!

TooWicky - I felt the same way about that photo essay. I sat in stunned, sad silence after I viewed it. And it helped me put it into perspective too. I'm you checked it out, and I think it's good for people to see really. So happy for you that you are in the 180s!!

Crazycatwoman - 10k wow, you go girl. And you are in the 180s too. Rock on with your bad self.

lotsakids - omg your toilet froze? that's terrible. So many parts of the country are having a tough winter!

Tiffany189 - Welcome!

Jennybutler - Here's the link: http://www.modcloth.com/shop/onepiec...-red-plus-size I can't wait for it to arrive!! So excited. That's great you did 60 squats! Today is day 21, and it is 180 squats. I'm scared. But I'm gonna break them down thru the day to 45 x 4. I can totally tell they are making a difference, which is really motivating!

I had a cool NSV yesterday. Hubby and I were out and I saw my reflection in a glass window. I just stopped and stared. I was stunned. My legs aren't touching like they used to… they are two separate legs instead of one LOL. He caught me staring and said "yeah, you look way different huh? I lost you in the store the other day and looked right past you cause I didn't recognize your shape". WOW YAYAYAYA. He loves my shape however it is, but it was really cool that he told me that.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Llilith, your post made me tear up. What a great NSV.

Appmom, I've sunk myself so many times because I didn't see progress it was a reminder to me!

Today I was down to 192.8! My goal is a hundred pound loss by my birthday in June, I think I'm going to make it!!
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #13  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

193.6 Just ready to be in 180s!
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #14  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Llilith, gratz on your NSV of no longer having a unileg I've got two separate legs now, too, it's awesome!

Would like to say hello to some threadmates I haven't seen before or haven't seen in a while : Appmom, DrivenByAmbition, Tiffany189 onward and downward :

CrazyCatWoman, I am getting somewhat close to my goal weight. I set mine in the middle of the BMI Overweight zone for my height. I remember being that weight and I feel I looked completely fine at it. I am concerned that weight loss will slow down the closer I get not only to goal weight but to a Normal BMI weight in general (although I personally am not aiming to be in the Normal range.) I'm keenly watching what you are experiencing and wondering if something similar will be happening to me soon-ish. Definitely keep us posted.

I did get a peek at the 180s, but I did bounce back up this morning. I won't be moving to the next thread until I'm solidly in the 180s.

I am on day five of no soda (just trying it out.) I do feel better and my face skin looks slightly better.

I go to the same grocery store every week, and one of the employees stopped me and said he was going to have to start calling me the disappearing woman.

I had an awkward encounter with someone who hadn't seen me since I lost all my weight. I ran into a fellow football mom from the football season before last (our sons used to play on the same team.) She seemed very disconcerted with my weight loss. She told me she had to do a double take to make sure I was who she thought I was. I know it can be almost upsetting for some people to see a friend look so completely different I instinctively apologized for looking so different, which makes no sense, but I was trying to put her at ease. I immediately rattled off my current weight in pounds which helped, because it is a borderline obese number and mentally, at least, people immediately realize you are not emaciated when they are faced with an actual number. It was one of those thankfully less-common encounters when friends are upset/unhappy you have lost weight. I understand where they are coming from, and I understand how the shock of seeing me makes them blurt out things they would normally not say out loud, but that doesn't make hearing, "But you were beautiful, BEFORE!" any easier -.- I may have stood out before because I was a morbidly obese lady who took great care with her hair and makeup and appearance which is uncommon in this small town I live in. Now I have apparently started to join the ranks of almost normal sized women where I am just one of the masses looks-wise, no longer special. I wish I could let the world know that personally, I had no issue with feeling ugly when I weighed so much more. My losing weight was not and is not a repudiation of the beauty of obese women. I rocked what I had then, and I rock what I got now. My main motivator to lose weight was health.
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Lilith I love your swimsuit! I also love what you said yesterday that you refuse to be apologetic in the beach. Good for you!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote