View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #8
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharityMarie View Post

I am very dedicated and have not slipped even a little since I started,

I did add my calories into my counter.. just to have a running tally of it all, and seeing the numbers.. just seeing them, and feeling all the bread heavy in my stomach after.. I feel awful.

I spend all month planning out my cheat day, and now I'm in a huge regret spiral ....busy worrying if one night of bad food choices is going to shake my willpower.

Anyone go through this feeling.. or have a better way of dealing with it or rationalizing it. I want to be able to say that one day out of a month I can go to a favorite restaurant and not overthink my calories, thats not asking too much right?
Wow, I read so much of my old self in your post that I'm stunned that I can't relate to this anymore in my day to day eating. Dieting is like walking a tight rope and it's so easy to stumble and fall off. I couldn't live on that tight rope anymore. I hate the idea that I was restricting myself and then felt like a total failure whenever I ate a piece of food. That's no way to live and keep living.

Willpower has nothing to do with weightloss. Will power is the most unreliable source of energy in the world lol. It comes and goes with the wind and most people become very depressed trying to hold on to their willpower. Rather, it's a series of habits that you have to instill in your day that will get you to your goal. I mean, imagine if you had to rely on willpower alone to go to work every morning. Or to brush your teeth. Or to take out the garbage. That would suck big time - you just form the habit and stick to it rain or shine right?

I don't diet anymore. I just eat what I want and pay attention to hunger cues and I'm losing weight. And now I don't have to beat myself up every time I "cheat" or "indulge" and I don't count calories or carbs or anything like that anymore. I'm stressed out even by the mere thought of avoiding food.

“If you try to lose weight by shaming, depriving and fearing yourself, you will end up shamed, deprived, and afraid.” Geneen Roth
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote