Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 01:51 AM   #1  
Pure Energy

Default Less Tummy Tuesday 1/13/04

Morning Chickadees!

I'm home from work and getting ready to feed El baby-o his bottle. Have a horrible tummy ache. Cramping badly Hopefully it will go away soon. Doing good though. Not much new. Hanging in there. Just wanted to start this puppy off. Bought myself some new clothes for my b-day. 4 new tops and 2 new sports bras. Some may say that's not very exciting but at $42 a pop that's quite a nice gift.I got them from www.title9sports.com Good quality bras that keep things in place and never itch or anything are really important to me. My last ones lasted me two years and its time for new ones. Well, all is pretty mellow here. Just workin, workin, workin. Started lifting weights today which I'm excited about. It can only help. My goal is to be bikini ready by summer. It's totally doable. I definitely need to drink more water though. Well, hope you all have a lovely day. I wish I had more time to post personally but by the end of the day I have so little time to respond to all of you. My thoughts are with all of you though. Keep up the good work. It's worth it!
Old 01-13-2004, 06:06 AM   #2  
thin within

good afternoon, ladies. all is well here. trying to figure out what to fix for a late lunch. haven't exercised yet. i have a few more tapes that i've not used but want to try. so, i'll do that a little later today. jamie, you are doing just great. you should be so proud of yourself. i'd better get off for now, as i'm getting a hunger headache. ta ta for now!
Old 01-13-2004, 07:05 AM   #3  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Morning All!

Jamie: So sorry to hear about the tummy ache. Hang in there!

Finally broke back into the 180's, said goodby to the 190's. Yowza! Have the plumbers coming today to dig up 1/2 my yard and replace a busted drainage pipe. Yuck! I was sure this was the year we were going to be able to fix our upstairs bathroom, but it seems those funds are now being diverted elsewhere. What's a gal to do? Oh well... At least this time I didn't screw the outtake valve cap on all the way so when the overflowed flowed it did so into the yard and not into my family room like it did last year!

I'm still plugging along with this WOE and experiencing no problems so far. Had major hunger pangs last night, but was so tired I fell asleep instead of bingeing. Thank goodness for being tired! Unfortuately, I didn't get any exercise in, but I can live with that for now. There's no way I would have burned off the extra calories I would have consumed by giving into my binge. Hope everyone has a great day......
Old 01-13-2004, 08:23 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies,

It was so hard getting dd out of bed this morning, all she kept saying all the way to day care was, Mommy, I want my bed, I wanna go home.

Talk about starting your day out in tears.........sigh. It's hard enough being a working mom but to go to work w/a broken heart too really sucks

Hope your mornings are better than mine.

Hugs to you all,

Leenie
Old 01-13-2004, 08:46 AM   #5  

Default Good morning

Good morning all.

Jamie: Hope your stomach feels better soon.

Leens: that is so sad.....sorry about your morning.

Spedmom: Congrats! Pretty soon you will be welcoming in the 170's!

fullfig: It always cracks me up when I come in here at the crack of dawn and you are wondering what to have for lunch! Some day I will get used to our time differences.

Trying very hard to stay cheat free this week....TOM is on his way. I am really feeling the urge to be TOTALLY bad! My eating is fine though....as long as I stay away from the damn candy dish they have in the isle next to my cube! I know they are only the little mini candy bars but GEEZ what's a girl to do. The funny thing is is that I don't usually do sweets....salt is my game. But on this plan for some reason I have been craving sweets more than usual. Maybe it is all the protein?......

I am trying to get a picture of me resized so that I can post it for you. Maybe I can get to it today.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Talk more later.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:03 AM   #6  
thin within

jane--that is funny about the time difference making you laugh. i am 7 hours ahead of est. being that it is 4pm, i'm now trying to figure out what we'll have for dinner. i'm craving refried bean tostadas for some reason--for 2 days. i'm trying to be strong, but i may have to give in just to get it out of my system. right now i am 30 lbs down, with 30 left to goal. my pattern in the last 4 years has been to take a break after a 30 lb loss, then not get back on for nearly a year. i'm determined to not let that happen this time though. i'm craving stuff like crazy though. hopefully the exercising will help lessen any damage i might do during weak moments. i know i will eventually get to 150 lbs, slowly but surely. good luck with the candy dish. have a great afternoon. you are doing so well.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:08 AM   #7  
thin within

spedmom--congrats on the 180's. woohoo! sorry to hear about the plumbing.

leens--i feel for you, with your situation this morning. i am so thankful everyday that i get to stay with my dd. it is something that i do not take for granted.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:13 AM   #8  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Unhappy Tummy Trouble Tuesday

I am here to join Jamie in the tummy trouble area!

I am definitely in trouble here and have scheduled a dr appt for this pm - which means my whole afternoon is shot - but better safe than sorry.

I AM HUNGRY AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EAT! ....I know when you have the runs you are supposed to eat "binding things"...eg the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast)....I had a BANANA this morning - can you believe it? Now my stomach aches and I feel like I have a brick in there.

Was up between 3:30 and 4:30 am with FOUR visits to the washroom (get out of my way kind of visits )...a couple of Imodium last night, and another this morning ( a couple more visits)..and I feel weak and lousy and in pain.

Feels like this is not a stomach flu or something I ate cuz it is lasting too long! I am scared of eating anything, and afraid my doctor will tell me to eat higher carb stuff to stop this problem?

Could find no low carb bread this am (in my freezer or the grocery store)...don't think I should eat dairy products/cheese.....meat/chicken certainly does not appeal to me...and veggies are a bit too "rough"..any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Sorry to be so self centered but I am really upset....I hope this has nothing to do with low carb eating???

Will have some tea and drink more water, and ponder what to eat? (I am craving toast with tea tho......but I can hardly bring myself to eat "real" bread!!! )

Leens - I know the feeling - I too have sometimes left my youngest at school with tears in my eyes - what a bad feeling to start the day - you do know however, that probably minutes after you left she was probably fine and having a great time with her friends!

Fulfig - please no talk of "refried beans"...my tummy can hardly handle it!

Jamie - as you can see my sympathies are with you - hope you are feeling better than I am! Sounds like you did some good pre-birthday shopping. Day of pampering sounds about right to me? Any other plans with dh and el-babyo?

Jane - hang in there - whip up some heavy cream with some sf syrup or jello and indulge if you must....at least it's safer than many other things!

Spedmom - Sorry about the "flood"...and congrats on reaching the 180's....a great feeling. I've been "here" quite a while now...and am anxious to get to the 170's....feels like it will never happen tho (I am about 2-3 lbs away...still.)

It's our 6th wedding anniversary on Saturday - still trying to find a sitter, and frankly the way I'm feeling right now I can't even imagine eating out...what a bummer!.....and still need to shop for card and something for dh!!

Oh ya - did I mention the coming deep freeze - always something to look forward to...NOT>.....winds picking up this afternoon....temperature dropping to -31 degrees - then even colder tomorrow with windchill making it feel like -44.....are we all CRAZY TO LIVE HERE.....yes we are!!!

RUMBLY TUMBLY FROUFY
Old 01-13-2004, 10:34 AM   #9  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning all!

Just checking in quick to say hi! LIFE is nuts yet again today!

I will be back later this morning though!...

All those tummys need to get better!! sending healing vibes to you all!
Old 01-13-2004, 11:05 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Froufy, I'm not sure of the carb count for Pumpkin but I've always heard that Pumpkin can help with the binding process (as well as rice, bananas, etc...)

BTW, if your dog has loose stool, you can give them pumpkin as well.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:13 AM   #11  
Movin' and Losin'

Jamie: Hope your tummy feels better soon!

Fullfig: You can do it -- keep plugging along. That weight will eventually come off.

Spedmom: Congrats on the 180s!

Leens: Poor thing! I'm sorry about your sad morning.

Jane: Resist those cravings!

Froufy: Get to feeling better! That sounds miserable.

Karen: Hi!

OK. I just read something in "Food & Family." It's a magazing that Kraft puts out. It has a comparison between counting carbs and counting calories. It says some good things about LC eating, but something really got me. It says that "130 grams of carbohydrates a day is the minimum required for brain function"! Does that mean we all have non-functioning brains???

We went apartment hunting yesterday and think we found one we really like. The only problem is there is none available in the size with the features we want. So, I think we'll go month-to-month where we are now and move whenever one comes available. I'd kind of like to have a more set plan, but at least I know we'll be moving from here sometime in the near future...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Take care,
Jina
Old 01-13-2004, 11:26 AM   #12  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning Ladies and SORRY I had personal greets typed to all of you and then got dumped outta AOL and lost it!! But to all of you hope you feel better and congrats on those of you doing GREAT!! (Sped: CONGRATS on 180!!)

Foufy: sorry I don't have better advice for you except....I hate to tell you this but you may have to stop the Immodium. Any bacteria you have from eating something bad or virus your body naturally rids it from the body through diarrhea, it has to runs its course and actually Immodium makes it take longer because it stops or slows the natural process. Sorry girl!! I wish I could say **pooof** and your are cured!! Maybe Dr. has some good ideas for you!!

I am feeling particularly poopy today, I weighed in and even though I have been sooooooo good. I am up 2 pounds! UCK! i know I started working out and I feel great and clothes are fitting ALOT looser , so I am sure it is just the gaining muscle thing but I hate that!! I am gonna try to add another liter of water to my daily intake and stop eating nuts everyday....even though i love them!!!!

Have a great day ladies!!! I will talk at you later!!
Old 01-13-2004, 11:46 AM   #13  
Head Princess

Hi Everyone!

I'm getting ready for a meeting, so I have to be quick. Congrats, Spedmom!

Poor Froufy - I hope things go well at the dr. Leens is right about the pumpkin AND it's low carb. I though cheese was supposed to be binding, too?

Jina - I think that 130 grams of carbs thing is an old belief that has since been proven false. I mean, look at how many of us stay significantly below that and are just fine! I think it's a crock. Since "carbohydrate" is kindof a junkbin category (anything that can't be counted as protein, fat, water, or ash is considered carbohydrate) I don't see how they can make that kind of statement.

I tried my pilates last night and decided I need to wait a little longer on that. I've developed a lovely cough that screws everything up when I'm focused on breathing. Bummer!

Mr. Mucus is back from his (and my!) vacation. Ugh. I just want to go over there and shove tampons up his nose till those stupid sinus cavities of his are all filled up! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Be back later!!!
Old 01-13-2004, 12:12 PM   #14  
reaching my goals

Froufy, I hope you're feeling better soon! I had my turn with a churning tummy last night but it was self induced to clear the bowels. Reese's PB cups is my method of choice. I was determined to stay away from sf treats but needed some relief. As a result I'm at 173 today. YIPPEE!!!

Star, I hope you're up and running at full capacity soon too. Good job of not giving into the nasty mom at the bar.

Theo's girl, you're ds is adorable. I just saw his pic in yesterday's thread.

Jina, hang in there. The perfect apartment still awaits you. I was rushed to find a house when my apartment lease was up. Luckily, I found the perfect one for me.

Lekker, let me know if Subway will accept a card of stamps for a wrap. I've got a couple of them laying around.

Spedmom, congrats on the 180s. It's a wonderful feeling isn't it?

Leens, I wasn't able to view your pics in yesterday's thread. What am I doing wrong?

Jamie, I hope you have a super dooper bday! You are always so busy.

Fullfig, you're gonna be smaller than me by the time you get here. I"m gonna have to pick up my pace.

Karen, hang in there. Normalcy will soon find you again.

Jane, be strong. Those TOM cravings can be serious. Those darn sf Reese's PC cups constantly call my name for those few days. They even sometimes find their way into my hands and mouth.

I've got to read up on the 130 carb thing. I heard somewhere in the last few days that the nutrition labels are about to change. The number of recommended carbs per day that labels are currently based upon was set in 1968 at 300. The new recommendation is either 130 or 150. I can't remember for sure. I'll check it out though. Lunch break is over so I must get back to work for now. Have a super low carb day girlies!!!
Old 01-13-2004, 12:58 PM   #15  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Unhappy Me again.....

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and suggestions - did not know the imodium may be stopping my "cure"...in fact I was okay...for a while.....then a relapse last night/early morning?...and will have to try pumpkin to see if that helps! (or cheese?...but I always heard that dairy and upset tummies did not mix well?)

As for brain functionality - we are all so low carb that we are too stupid to notice our brains are functioning at a below normal level - who would have guessed?

Supersized - congrats on the weight loss - and the self induced tummy trouble - I have the same issues when I ingest those nasty sugar alcohols but sure makes for a great "laxative" when required!

Jina - good luck in the apt area - hope one comes up quickly so you can move in and settle down!

Star - hope your cough is better soon - sorry to hear Mr. Mucus is back...how disgusting that must be....leave him some nose plugs on his desk or something?

Had some tea this morning (and of course the high carb banana)...so far so good. Just had lunch - I was so hungry and scared to eat.....went to the cafeteria for a "tour"..got a vegetarian dish...veggies baked with egg...kinda like a quiche w/no crust..with salad on the side. Not too bad - ate about half of it - but there are high carb veggies in there mixed in with the cauliflower and green beans and broccoli (like peas and corn and carrots)...but at this point I am not being too fussy and hoping there are no bad or sudden "after effects"....also got a diet iced tea - somehow in the mood for something lemony...

Now my tummy is starting to rumble.....just great......I can scare everyone in the dr's waiting room with the horrendous noise coming from my stomach....I hope she prescribes something to help (or does the "pooff" thing and I'm cured...ha ha ).

Out of iced tea - and now I want more? maybe some water will do the trick?

Leaving soon to dr's appt - in the FREEZING COLD BLOWING SNOWY WEATHER - wish me luck. Wish I was home warm in my cozy bed with a good book and hot tea!

Froufy
Closed Thread