Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #1  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 2

So *&^% happens, we forget, life gets in the way and sometimes we just want to. For whatever reason we taste a morsel that's not OP...we do. We're human and imperfect and that's ok. Some weeks we are on point some weeks we're not. Life isn't linear just like weight loss isn't either. So here's to the 90%, the B students, the Jr. Varsity team!

You're still on your journey, your road just isn't smooth...it has a few potholes.

------------------------

We're are just about to reach the 500 post mark so I've started a new thread. Here's the link to Vol. 1: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...olume-1-a.html

Keep plugging away Lovelies!!!!

Last edited by AliExpat; 10-31-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I hit a bump in the road this AM, I hope I can bounce back for the remainder of the day!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #3  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Hope everyone's having a good day. I'm looking for a way to make chicken wings. I have a hankering but all the places have too much off plan sauce on them. I usually just buy them from the grocery in a bag, lol
Old 10-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #4  

I come here dragging my wagon wheels. **SIGH** I nibbled too much today **hangs head in shame**

I will have control over my cravings tomorrow! LIttle peanut is not feeling well so I am cleaning house tonight so tomorrow I can focus on him ...poor baby
Old 10-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I come here dragging my wagon wheels. **SIGH** I nibbled too much today **hangs head in shame**

I will have control over my cravings tomorrow! LIttle peanut is not feeling well so I am cleaning house tonight so tomorrow I can focus on him ...poor baby
I say this gently because I know you truly want to do this.

The more nibbles you take, the more sugar you crave.

If you can fight through them and get through the initial detox period your cravings will be sooo much better.

Just think about how good you'll feel at the end of the day knowing you were able to overcome them!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #6  

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I say this gently because I know you truly want to do this.

The more nibbles you take, the more sugar you crave.

If you can fight through them and get through the initial detox period your cravings will be sooo much better.

Just think about how good you'll feel at the end of the day knowing you were able to overcome them!
I know I did it Thursday and Friday last week but the week end blew it clear out of the water!!! Sometimes kids can make things harder LOL.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #7  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Agree with IPN. Remember IP isn't long term so really try to stick with it. It's not hard to do. You can do it!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Agree with IPN. Remember IP isn't long term so really try to stick with it. It's not hard to do. You can do it!
This is why I love this forum!!! You guys give so much cheerleading I love it thank you so much tomorrow 100% (maybe I should stop saying that it's a JINX) ROFL!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Hope everyone's having a good day. I'm looking for a way to make chicken wings. I have a hankering but all the places have too much off plan sauce on them. I usually just buy them from the grocery in a bag, lol

I have an AMAZING chicken wing recipe, they get super crisp and delicious!! My coach said only to have them on occasion as a treat but I find them awesome to have if you are having friends over or watching hockey/football it's like a treat!!

IP Friendly Chicken Wings
Pre-heat oven @ 450.

Boil wings in salted water for 7-10 minutes.

Dry wings and season with salt and pepper.

Bake on cookie sheet (I bake mine on a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet) for 30 minutes.

Flip wings and bake for another 10 minutes.

Heat hot sauce with coconut oil/butter/whatever you like in sauce pan while wings are finishing cooking.

Toss wings in sauce and eat immediately.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #10  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Thank you Jordanna! Excited to try them!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Thank you Jordanna! Excited to try them!
I was skeptical to try them (found them on a paleo site) and boiling them just sounded weird...but they are so so good. You can also do salt & pepper wings or I have even done asian style ones with xyla teriyaki sauce
Old 10-31-2013, 05:57 AM   #12  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Hello All, I really need to get back on track, I have been struggling and have been doing some research on different keto diets, etc but know that I just need to recommit to IP because it does work and I actually do like the diet (once you get past the first few days of course).. I really want to get below the 200 mark by Jan 1/2014, I will get below that mark it is very important to me.. Unfortunately I am in the middle of moving over the next couple of weeks but am going to stock up on IP alternatives and get back on track.. so I plan to be around here a little more.. Its so inspiring to see how well everyone is doing.. and how active these boards are in IP world, the other boards aren't even close to being as supportive and active.. Have a great day all!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:17 AM   #13  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I was skeptical to try them (found them on a paleo site) and boiling them just sounded weird...but they are so so good. You can also do salt & pepper wings or I have even done asian style ones with xyla teriyaki sauce
Thanks for sharing this recipe! I have really been wanting wings. Can't wait to try them. DH loves wings as well.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I have an AMAZING chicken wing recipe, they get super crisp and delicious!! My coach said only to have them on occasion as a treat but I find them awesome to have if you are having friends over or watching hockey/football it's like a treat!!
YUMMY!!! I've been having pretty huge cravings for wings lately, and these look soo yummy.

In other news, I'm here, I've been hard-core off the wagon lately, but still lurking, and trying to gather my willpower and desire together. I know this is only "short" term (though for those of us with about 100 lbs to lose, it's a bit longer) and I know that in the end I will feel better and healthier, but DANG! It's hard sometimes! Especially for my this time of year. It's just the hardest time of year for me in terms on dealing with emotional issues. But, I'm here, I'm trucking along, and I feel like I'm at least trying to make some smarter choices, rather than just going totally nuts.

I hope everyone is having an easier time than I am right now, and am sending lots of good thoughts to all.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

[QUOTE=jordanna;4873530]I have an AMAZING chicken wing recipe, they get super crisp and delicious!! My coach said only to have them on occasion as a treat but I find them awesome to have if you are having friends over or watching hockey/football it's like a treat!!

What is the reason to only have occasionally? I mean, not that I'm going to have them every night but is it because it's a darker meat and not the breast? Nothing at the recipe screams occasional to IP. Seems to be OP.
Closed Thread