Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 06:39 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-13-2014, 06:49 AM   #2  

Good morning
I've seen several comments about Atkins bars in various threads. Just a reminder the Atkins plan is higher in both fat & cals than IP. So are Atkins bars! They don't really fit our protocol. In a pinch, check the label of a South Beach bar. SB is also a low fat plan.
Better yet, make your stash of IP products TODAY! Put them in your purse, car(s). Desk at work, & anywhere else a stash may be necessary. This is pre-planning at its finest.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Lisa, thanks for your response yesterday about the vitamins! I'll just stick withe the mag and phos for now.

Also interesting....I started spotting/bleeding last night. I read around the site and heard this is common, but I was pretty surprised to see it since I have amenorrhea!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:18 AM   #4  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good IP morning! Been up early with my son (more inservice days - not a sick day or snow day thank goodness!). I finally feel like the stomach bug is gone (since late afternoon yesterday actually) and was happy to add back my IP food & some meat last night. My DH has the crud now so it's still out there but hopefully gone soon!! I had a very good visit with my coach yesterday. After listening to some of the coach stories here, I'm very happy to have such a good one and one who is there for more than just pushing packets!!

We are going to have some warmer weather over the next few days so that is also a great thing!! Happy Thursday, everyone!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:39 AM   #5  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Morning all. Down 1.4 this week. Still struggling thru some personal issues, but I'm staying OP. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:52 AM   #6  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Better yet, make your stash of IP products TODAY! Put them in your purse, car(s). Desk at work, & anywhere else a stash may be necessary. This is pre-planning at its finest.
As always, good advice Lisa! Stashed packets have saved my behind more than once when I've forgotten the planned ones. Or when I poured an entire packet of wildberry yogurt mix on my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatemom View Post
I had a very good visit with my coach yesterday. After listening to some of the coach stories here, I'm very happy to have such a good one and one who is there for more than just pushing packets!!
Hooray for good coaches! I'm lucky too - my coach is awesome too. It really helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Morning all. Down 1.4 this week. Still struggling thru some personal issues, but I'm staying OP. Hope everyone has a good day.
Yeah for the scale going down!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:38 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Weigh in 31, another 2.2 lbs gone, bringing me exactly 20 lbs from goal!

As if that wasn't good enough, I decided to try on some brand new pants I have that I bought on my first journey with IP and never made it into them... They fit!! I bought two different pairs in the same size, so I know what I'm wearing tomorrow as well!

What a great day! I even kept smiling when I dropped the lid to my WF pancake syrup on my pancake getting it covered in syrup.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Congratulations,Nola and ShrinkingSusie!
Old 02-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

nola, congrats! and happy thoughts your way. susie, you amaze me.

interesting fact of the day: the owner of my clinic (he's the chiropractor and successfully done IP) weighed me in this AM. For this first time in my journey, someone at the clinic asked me what my goal weight was! Lost 1lb this AM and 2" in my waist. I'm happy with the loss. obviously wish for more. I think I need to switch up my foods.

In other news! I bought a box of unrestricted BBQ crisps! delishhh
Old 02-13-2014, 09:51 AM   #10  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that Diet Direct is having a $10 off sale this weekend. Coupon code is PRES10.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Ems, congrats! I know it can get frustrating, because I am living it too. I have been switching up my IP foods and veggies this week. No change so far. I am going to discuss it with a coach on Sat. I am having Big C issues (smooth move this weekend) and am retaining water. Think I am going to head to the dr. to have some blood work done. I just keep telling myself that goal is the destination, it just may take longer to get there.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:03 AM   #12  
IP Restart Date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 257.4/195.6/197

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!! Had a great weigh-in last night and another 4lbs down!! This reboot seems to be going better than my first time around
Old 02-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #13  

Good morning everyone. More snow again today and schools closed again. Between the snow the sub zero temps and water crisis our kids are never going to learn or retain anything or be able to finish out the school year. Very frustrating as a parent. Anyway off my soap box. Everyone have a good day.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

slipfree i feel ya. i've been closely monitoring all of my changes (eating and non eating) these past few weeks.

2 weeks ago, I added more intense classes to my workout routine. I added a packet but it was an alt (eas carb control shake or a quest bar(which would be my 1 restricted that day)) and I maintained

the next week (this past week, weigh in was today) I eliminated the heavier workout classes and stuck to yoga. I did pilates last night and LOVED it. I do not need an additional packet with those classes, which im cool with. BUT i loved quest bars so much that i eliminated my IP restricted and was eating a quest bar instead. It's so much more filling. I lost 1 pound this week doing this.

I think I'm going to eliminate my quest bars and stick with all IP products and only do yoga/pilates. I think I just overwelmed myself with confidence. Which can be good and bad. Hear me on this though, alternatives are not bad. I think they are a great option. I just know that it was something I changed about my diet and when I did change it, I noticed my weight loss slow down. That's all. So as of today I'm back on all IP product and hope this next week goes great.

I'm looking at cleanses as well. Also looking at switching to an actual coach. not someone who just takes my money. oh and 23 weeks in asks me what my goal is. My cousin went to a spa here in town who has an amazing coach. tricky thing is that the spa doesn't open until after an hour i've been at work! I really don't want to go at lunch or dinner because it'll be so different with water intake. I guess it'll just be that first week that'll be different. Also had a thought of going when they open and working through lunch that day, to get my hour back. It's not worth driving to my office then back to WI, then back to the office. too far. I'll talk to my boss, she did IP. Hopefully she understands!

Last edited by ems70508; 02-13-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:19 AM   #15  
IP started 12/17/2013

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Height: 5'4"

Default Goal weight

HI all,
I started IP in Dec (197lbs) and initial goal set at 163.
At WI on Monday, coach had me weigh on fancy scale that is supposed to measure fat percentage. Don't know how you can do that without a dunk tank, but okay. She wants me to get down to 154 or 30% fat.

I cant' stay on P1 that long.
1) the cost--my husband doesn't know what this is costing but I do.
2) I just know that I can't stay OP for another 20 pounds, not without a break.

So here's what we've agreed on.
I will stay OP, no binging, for 4 more weeks. That should bring me down to upper 160s. Then I will phase off.
See what happens...
Closed Thread