Thread: Skinny-shaming
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #7
pixelllate

Height: 5'3.25''

All the time. Esp when I was still on speaking terms with my narcissist family. But then at the same time, I see the same people gripe about their own weight, so then I think "I'd rather be approaching goal than feeling so dark that I need to shame others for being 'toofat' or 'toothin' (in a pure vanity - whatlooksgood sort of way"

Fortunately not everyone is like that and now that I am in a new workplace, people don't seem to be like that. People that body shame are usually annoying in general - its just part of who they are.

I choose to no longer speak to those people, but I'm not quite sure what I would do if I were in a situation where I can't help but be around them all day every day like my last job that I left. Sure we can speak up, but don't beat yourself up if they still bug you about it as they shouldn't act so immature in the first place, esp if they are in a situation of power and HR is a total joke.

Looking at magazines and feeling closer to the women featured on them than in the past makes me feel pretty awesome lol. You may want to check out the Featherweights forum, many people have experienced that there.

I listened to my gut and it said "You could do with less of me."

B00ty-Underwear pic as of March 2014 NSFW

Last edited by pixelllate : 02-13-2014 at 09:36 AM.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote