View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 06:41 AM   #75
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgeog View Post
And yes at times I felt like Peter Parker and other posters were J. Jonah Jameson. But like Peter I carry on because it is the act of helping that counts.
I don't live in a fantasy land so someone putting on a cloak and claiming to be a superhero is not only comical but a bit delusional. Furthermore being a superhero always sets someone up for being a villain and in the real world there are villains that are worth noting (Hitler, Assad, etc). I don't think appropriate to villainize a mother who's trying to lose 20lbs or any person who doesn't have the slightest interest in foresaking bread. Lastly, when you use "..other posters..." in a sentence it's a passive agressive way of not having a direct conversation.

People make up their minds pretty quickly about what the "right way" to lose weight is. And then they scurry off and find all supporting evidence and research that will validate and reinforce their OPINION. I cringe when someone talks about messed up metabolisms, the corn lobby, and government - not because I disagree with some of those arguments but at the great pains people go through to find a culprit to alleviate their own responsibilities.

diamondgeog, you still have not answered any question I have posed. Have you convinced your close family and friends to avoid all grains and carbs? Do you disallow your kids to eat a sandwich? Because if you haven't then the ground you're standing on is rather shaky and unpredictable. And the proof is never in weightloss, it's in maintenance.

I listen to Dr. Lustig very carefully and have never disagreed with a word that he has said. But note, he wears no cape and and people are more likely to follow someone who is backed by science than "look at me I'm such a success" logic. The latter is just an infomercial that has gone on 25 minutes too long.

Fat isn't a feeling

"Food is not the enemy. Hunger is a sign of life and vitality." - Caroline Haagen from The F- it Diet

Last edited by Wannabeskinny : 02-13-2014 at 11:21 AM.