Old 02-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #1  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Traveling with IP Packets

I'm leaving on Sunday for a 4 day trip with my daughter to tour a few colleges. 3 hour flight, followed by a lot of driving on Sunday, but then we will be staying in a couple of different hotels in two different areas. My question for all of you is, what 3 different IP packets/foods would you take with you? I'm going to my clinic for WI tomorrow and anticipating possibly having to buy full boxes. What would be the easiest to travel with, make on the road or in a hotel? I know I can go to restaurants and will hopefully be okay with salad, veggies and proteins, but I'm just trying to figure out what 3 packets to bring for each day. I've read through some of the traveling threads, but am specifically looking for your IP packet ideas and what has worked for you.

I know I'll get different answers...which is great. Just wanting to know your opinions. I'm am 100% on IP, so no alternatives (other than I do have some of the Pure Protein Bars here that I could take...if they are compliant).

Thanks for your ideas!
jendilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

My personal choice would be to have a cereal or "chip" type packet each day (to get my fix of something grain or chip-like); then a bar or chocolate drink for my sweet/chocolate fix; and a soup for lunch to have something warm.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I know that there is a previous thread with tons of info about traveling...i'm trying to find it so you can read through it! For some reason, when I try to search the forum, the database is saying there is an error!
ems70508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:09 PM   #4  
Started IP 12/26/13

The "Road Warriors" thread did have a lot of great info. I'm just looking specifically for IP Packets that people would take with them when traveling. And I know what you mean...the search isn't working for me right now either! I tried to go re-read the traveling threads and couldn't.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #5  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

I think any drink packet is good. Bring your shaker or if you don't have it drink some water out of a water bottle and pour the packet in it. Fruit drinks work great. Bars are also good for traveling. Hot chocolate would be good one too.
Hockeymom40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Ah ok. When I travel, I don't want to depend on a shaker so I usually do ready made drinks, ready made pudding and then a bar or some crisp. If you're flying, the drinks could weigh down your luggage so the shaker and packets may be the right route.
ems70508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:40 PM   #7  
Started IP 12/26/13

Thank you for the ideas so far. Can anyone else give input? I'm hoping to not check bags, so liquid items will be an issue.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

I went on an 8 hour bus ride in November - yes, I am crazy

I brought the herb and garlic chips (they were easy to pack and eat!) and bars. For breakfast, I had made a couple batches of zucchini muffins but I also brought a couple of IP crispy cereal packets just in case something happened to the muffins. We stayed at a hotel with a continental breakfast so on the last day, I "mixed" up my meals and had a huge veggie omelet for breakfast and a packet for dinner that night.

Good luck, hope it goes well!
Jo
PurpleMomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #9  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

When I traveled last (via plane) I only carried on, so I took all mixes (can't take RTD on plane) ond wafers and packed my shaker. I hardly use my shaker anymore but it worked for travel).
ColoradoCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #10  
Started IP 12/26/13

Thanks for all the ideas. I ended up getting the pineapple/banana drink mix to have something fruity (especially for when it's warm by the pool...going to Arizona), a box of bars, pudding, and crispy cereal. I can eat the cereal as is, but I also use it a lot at home to make a pancake so that was a given. I also will go back today and get the BBQ crisps when she gets her shipment to take something "salty" with me. I want to have easy options for when we are walking around the campuses and I get hungry. Easy to eat and not have to mix will be good.

Now, I just have to make sure I can get all my veggies in while down there. Shouldn't be too hard...I hope.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:35 AM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Bump
mckaren4 is offline   Reply With Quote