South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 06:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Hump Day Happenings, SBD Daily Chat 2/12

Happy Wednesday!

I only have time for a quickie this morning since I promised Dad I'd stop in and have coffee with him before heading over to the farm. The weatherpeople have dire warnings for this snowstorm that's coming overnight, so it looks like everyone will be busy preparing for it today. We're in the 10-14" range for this one!
Old 02-12-2014, 06:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

WHOA! Cottage, I can be there in 3 hours to help you watch the beautiful snow falling. I can even help shovel the sidewalks for you . (Notice I didn't say the driveway too) It's funny - we're only predicted 1-2", and no one's even talking about it. I'm a little worried for my in-laws in NC, and DH is supposed to travel to see them this weekend, he might not be going. Do enjoy coffee this AM!

I just got off the treadmill, and it was a good run this morning, one of those made me glad I did it. Lots of stressful things going on, so this is a good way to start the day and help calm things a bit. I do have a "short" day albeit a new adventure I am trying at work. This afternoon I have no plans, and then a bible study tonight (oops, need to finish for that!).

HAPPY HUMP DAY!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 02-12-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:00 AM   #3  

You're welcome to come and weather this snowstorm with me, Tammy! You won't have to shovel, though, since Jake will be out playing with his snowthrower and Dustin has a snowplow on his truck. We can build snowmen with the grandkids!

If your DH does decide to drive down to NC, please tell him to be very careful! Maybe he could wait until Friday when conditions may be a bit better!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 02-12-2014 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Tammy I agree with Linda DH should wait. My stepsister lives in Concord NC, they are expecting 10". We are in a 12-18" band ugh!!! Feel free to take some of our snow to your home. I have plenty

DS will be manning the snowblower while I am at work. Better get gas for it today. I told him to stay put tomorrow. My Camry is lousy in the snow. So iI'd rather he not drive it at all.

Ok chicks I made the white bean and sausage soup. I added zucchini and a can of Rotel tomatoes. Well I think I goofed on the cayenne pepper. My mouth was on fire!!!! I tried adding more broth and water. Any ideas how to tame the hotness???
Old 02-12-2014, 07:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ooooh, Jekel. I'd give it to DH .

No worries chicks, DH isn't leaving until Friday, if he still goes. We're just worried roads will still be bad and there may be a lot of power outages from ice. We'll see....
Old 02-12-2014, 07:47 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Another sleep until 7 day has started. I'm starting to like this.

Kept my nose to the grindstone all day yesterday and have my accounting programme straightened out. Still have a pile of work but I see progress.

My original barn cat is becoming brave. I fed him inside yesterday morning after he meowed at the back door. He seems to wait until the dogs are out in their yard. He ventured in to eat in the warmth and hung out for a few minutes before going back out. So cold for the poor guy but I really don't want him indoors since I have an allergy. I haven't seen the rest of his entourage for a few days.

Pet therapy this afternoon and wee Jazz should really have a good brushing. Both pooches need fur-cuts but it's too cold right now. Even with the hair dryer, they are damp for hours.

I made a sort of oriental soup yesterday with chicken stock, a package of stir fry veggies that had been in the freezer for ages and some ww pasta - turned out very yummy so that'll be lunch today.

Time for coffee #2 and on with the day. I do hope the predicted storm is a little less than expected. Sometimes they exaggerate for effect and I hope that's true for this one.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 02-12-2014, 07:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm off to the doctor soon. She wanted me to follow-up before she'd refill my cholesterol medication. I'm assuming she'll want to draw blood so am fasting. Since she's making me go in for that, I'm going to hit her with a bunch of other things. I have so many issues I could share that I'll have to prioritize and risk overwhelming her! She may regret not just calling in a refill!

My mom and I are going to see a play tonight that I've never heard of and can't even remember the name. It's part of her season ticket package.

BBL...
Old 02-12-2014, 08:15 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

Quickie hello here, too! I have an extremely busy project day ahead and I MUST pick up the house from yesterday's fly through. If I wait another day I won't be able to find ANYTHING!

I have to share: I love SBD! I have been hovering in the mid 180's now for months and continue to eat "mostly" OP. I was so impressed that I was able to maintain that for the past 4 months of this project stuff and I'm really making a push to move down to the next "decade". Well-I have a few items of clothing I have held onto for ages (close to 20 years) because they were really special. 4 pair of jeans (from Alaska) have sat in their own drawer for years. Even 4 months ago at this weight I couldn't button them although they fit my butt/thighs with room to spare. (waitressing) Monday I walked into my office and pulled the 1st pair out. It fit fine and I wore that pair to work. Yesterday I tried on the other 3 and they all buttoned, too, even being comfortable enough to wear.
I know this but will share, for newcomers to SBD.
It is very realistic to lose major inches without a huge drop in weight.
I'm grateful to continue to focus on eating OP.

Ok, gotta run! Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:20 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage that is a lot of snow predicted glad you are prepared.

Twynn glad your DH is not leaving until Friday. We are leaving tomorrow night to go to Mississippi but I think the roads should be fine it moved to Atlanta and area today I believe.

Jekel drive safely tomorrow when you go to work.

Ruth I need to give our new cat a brushing as well. It is a long haired cat

Karen thanks for posting the link to the hidden menu I think they have some of it posted on their menu in the cafes but not all

Debbie way to go your my inspiration to get back to where I was a few years ago.

Today I have interviews and meetings and then I have Physical Therapy and then DD2 has a volleyball game that I hope I get done with PT in time to see.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe for those in the East.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 231/231/160

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all!,
Where i am at we are in the 6-12/12+ range. I already took off work tomorrow and Friday. Gonna go home tonight and plan my meals and snacks so i'm prepared. It's only day 3 and i already am starting to feel better. Chicken salad for lunch on Romaine. Had my egg casserole for breakfast. Hamburger Kebabs for dinner with broccoli.

What is a good summer sausage or cold meat that i can eat with cheese as a snack? I love beef summer sausage but not sure if its allowed. Looking for a substitute if its not. Thanks all!!!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #11  

Becca, most sausage isn't allowed on this plan because it is so high in fat. I tbink there are some turkey and chicken sausages that are ok, though. Check the labels before buying.
I'm vegetarian, but a lot of Beachers enjoy turkey pepperoni as a snack. Try microwaving it to make it crispy for a nice treat.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good afternoon I've been drinking tea by the quart while making lots of phone calls.

We are in the 8-14" area. I hope it's the 8" though even that's more than I want. I want spring! Oh well, keep counting down

Well, back to work for me. I am ready to get out of the house but it will have to wait for Friday.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 231/231/160

Height: 5'6"

Thanks cottagebythesea!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Karen hope you made out ok at the doctor. Wanted to share this with you. Ronzoni makes gluten free pasta (zero grams of sugar too) I made two servings with homemade meatballs (from the recipe section). I did not notice a difference from white flour pasta....but then again I haven't made pasta for me in a couple of years. Now let's see if DS can tell the difference.......

Very productive day. Accomplished all of my errands. Working 11 days straight with only 1 day off which will be spent going to a fundraiser. I actually wrote my breakfast, lunch and dinner choices for each day on my fridge calendar. I made enough freezable meals to last me three weeks. I know I will not have time to shop or cook. Nice way to rotate my food choices too. Wish me luck.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:56 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Hump Day, ladies!
I am in the 3-6 inch band, and if it is the low end I will be happy! Too much winter for me! It was -14 when I went to work this morning.
All you chicks in the storm path, be safe! Tammy, glad DH isn't leaving until after the storm.
Debbie, that is an awesome story about the pants. I tend to fixate on the scale but I know that our body shape can change without the scale moving.
At school right now the nurse is doing a health and wellness program. I had my body fat percentage done, then did the math to convert that into pounds of fat. Won't make THAT mistake again! No more math for me.

Becca, I will echo Cottage and say there are a few sausages out there that work. I also found a recipe recently to bake slices of LF cheese to make a "cheese nips" type stack.

Be warm and safe tonight, chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 02-12-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Closed Thread