View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #72
diyana
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Hump Day!

I met a friend after work and got two more photos for his wife's b'day video. He's going to e-mail me a couple more today.

Today after work, I have a webinar for a writing workshop I've been taking the last few months. Luckily, it will be recorded if I end up having to miss it by choosing instead to work on the video.

My plan is to get back to the gym starting Sunday. I'll go Sunday and Monday, and then continue at least 4 days a week.

========================

Ceejay - I hope the rest of the day was quiet for you. Are you getting any of the icy bad weather like they are getting in Georgia?

Terra - You mentioned meetings. Do you go to WW meetings or TOPs or something else? I'm so impressed by your walking.

Patty - So great to see you in here! You and your bf look so happy in the pictures you've posted on FB. I'm thrilled for you! Congrats on your weight loss so far! The "I Can Do It" seminar was amazing. I highly recommend it. I came away from it feeling so uplifted. Two full days of positive motivating speakers!

Happy - I know how beautiful Midwest winters can be, especially when the sun is shining and it looks like it should be warm outside. Then you go outside and freeze your b*tt off. I hope that you don't get freezing rain next week during the race. I'm sure the racers are hard-core and would race anyway, but it sure wouldn't be the best conditions for them (or for the spectators).

Susie - I hope you're having a good day at work. How is your DH?

Annie - Morning temps of -4 and even 4 above? I definitely don't miss that. I'm glad you're getting another cortisone shot, especially if they help you. I used to have a ganglion cyst on my wrist, and when the slam the book didn't work for me, I started just pressing down on it REALLY hard many times a day, and sort of moving it around as much as I could. Eventually it dissipated. I'm impressed by your celery and cottage cheese breakfast, and especially by the results you're having. Try to turn all your stress over to God in prayer. I know it's not easy with your loved ones who are ill, and what just happened with your son, and with your job. Just pray, pray, pray. The cortisol your body is producing from the stress does make your body hold on to excess weight. Sending you lots of love and big hugs, sister. I would NEVER call you selfish!! You are so loving, giving and generous! It does help to spend time with people who are very ill to put things in perspective though. I think about that when I'm with my friend who has cancer. I try not to beotch about anything...at least not around him. I loved your comment about "smile at a stranger". I've always liked the saying, "If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours."

Much love and many hugs to all of you!

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment