South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 07:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Let's Tackle Tuesday! SBD Chat for 2/11

The sun is starting to peek above the horizon and it looks like it's going to be a sunny day here. That will be very much needed to prepare us for what's happening tomorrow night and Thursday. They're predicting 10+ inches of snow on the way. At least I'll have an extra long weekend, but the kids aren't happy about all the make-up days that are being tacked onto the school year.

I'm so glad I made that big pot of White Bean & Sausage Soup on Sunday for lunches for the week. It's really satifying on these bitter cold, wintry days, and is keeping me on-track until suppertime. Today is my long day at work, and I'm looking forward to another bowl of soup for a late supper.

Have a good day, Chicklets!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Linda the soup sounds perfect. I am planning my menu for this week and next. I won't have much time next week to cook, so I see lots of soups and casseroles in my future.

Off to meet my dear friend Ed for breakfast. We are going to Panera. I plan on having the turkey power bowl breakfast. Afterwards I need to tackle quite a few errands before the snow hits. DS has been warned I am taking the truck on Thursday. I highly doubt he will have school. Guess I should plan on getting gas for it too lol
Old 02-11-2014, 07:17 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Off to home depot before. 15 min each direction. Unfortunately there may be an I-70 issue because semis are coming by like crazy...not a good sign

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Slept in again! I could get used to this. It's very cold here again - the poor dogs actually cried to come back indoors after the potty trip.

Congratulate me, chickies. I actually cooked AND ATE a piece of fish last night. It was mahi mahi. I've never liked fish - except fish and chips - so this was quite an event. I may even try salmon again one of these days.

Another day of number crunching at my desk is ahead. Found a huge glitch in the accounting system which I need to fix today. Simply Accounting is NOT simple! I plan to get some tax receipts done and down to the Post Office by mail pick-up at 4 this afternoon.

Just looked out the back door and there are three cats swirling around the steps waiting for breakfast! It was very cold in the barn last night, I guess. I'd better get with it and feed them before they attack!

Let's tackle Tuesday with a vengeance!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Congratulations, Ruth! I've learned to eat mahi mahi, tilapia, tuna, and swordfish, but there's no way I'll touch salmon. Just too oily/strong for me.

Cottage and Jekel, how am I not getting any of the snow?!?!? I want more here! Maybe I should move 2 hours east.

Good morning Debbie! Hope the road is not shut down.

I have leftover jambalaya for lunch (mmmmm), and just put the mexican crock pot together for supper. I put mine on a wall timer to kick in at lunchtime, since it really doesn't need 10 hours of cooking.

Yesterday was long, today is long too. Keeps me out of trouble, right?
Old 02-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Actually that's tea this morning. I'm doing the cranky stomach diet today. The little germ monsters just can't help sharing and they have blessed me again. I don't usually get really sick, just enough for it to annoy me. Oh well, more tea and another small cup of coffee for me. Maybe I'll add a banana next. I'm glad I have work I can do from home.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

beccakruger -

Linda - That's a lot more snow!

Jennifer - Have you heard about Panera's "hidden menu?"

Debbie - Have a good one.

Ruth/Twynn - I have a yummy salmon recipe that my boys used to request when they came home from college. It does have a little sugar, shhh. I actually miss that salmon most, I think, with my vegetarian husband.

Cyndi - What's the cranky stomach diet? Doesn't sound fun. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm working the closing shift tonight. Just when I thought she'd be scheduling me less, not so much. I suspect I'll be doing lots more steaming of the new clothes, one of my least favorite tasks. Oh well. Some cardio at home this morning. Then laziness, I think, after a quick trip to Target.

Have a great day.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:04 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage yikes that is a lot more snow coming your way.

Jekel I have committed to trying to take the train this month but boy it was very cold this morning, it would have be so much nicer to stay in my warm car for the rest of the trip. Make sure to have a full tank of gas for Thursday.

Debbie drive safe

Ruth I only like Tuna and Shrimp not a real fan of fishy taste

Tywnn sounds like you need to make a trip east to partake in all of the snow lol.

Cyndi hope you feel better soon

Karen you have me intrigued never heard of Panera's "hidden menu" and Panera is actually called St. Louis Bread Co. here.

Today I have meetings and more meetings then I am leaving early for PT and then DD2 has a volleygame that I am hoping I will get done with PT in time to watch some if not most of it.

Stay warm and safe!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlrose View Post
Karen you have me intrigued never heard of Panera's "hidden menu" and Panera is actually called St. Louis Bread Co. here.
You may already be ordering from it! Supposedly there are several healthy options that are not listed on the regular menu so you need to know to ask for them. You can find lots of mentions online but here is a link to Panera's site itself.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 231/231/160

Height: 5'6"

Hello all! Day 2 here. Loving my egg casserole that i made for this week. Asparagus, Mushroom and Goat Cheese. It really is delicious. I made a fish dinner last night. Tonight is leftovers and tomorrow is a ground beef meal. I still need to get my hunger in check. I am always hungry!!!
Old 02-11-2014, 11:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 231/231/160

Height: 5'6"

BTW, is there a way to get notifications on here so i dont have to check a million times a day to see responses and comments?
Old 02-11-2014, 01:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Karen yes I know all about the "hidden menu" That is where my super breakfast bowl came from. Egg wires, turkey, warm spinach with a light pesto and tomatoes. It was awesome!!! Still full too!! My Panera displays new healthier options. In our county it is a law restaurants must display calories and fat content of all meals. It actually does help me stay on track. Especially when their yummy pastries start singing my name in unison lol

Welcome beccakruger1...idk if there is! I check here throughout he day more than Facebook.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies, good evening. We had a cold but sunny day and the days are getting noticeably longer. This must be the unofficial 3FC fish week, because we are having salmon, cole slaw and sweet potatoes tonight. I have always loved the white fish (flounder, haddock) but have recently started cooking salmon too. Pretty tasty.

I am glad you PA girls are getting the snow. I've had enough of winter weather. Give me above freezing temps!

Cyndi, I hope you are feeling better.
Jennifer, hope you had a productive day.
Cottage, DH made chili the other night; I love having soup in the freezer.
Hope all the chicks had an enjoyable day!
Old 02-11-2014, 06:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccakruger1 View Post
BTW, is there a way to get notifications on here so i dont have to check a million times a day to see responses and comments?
Yes, there is. Go into your profile page and click the "daily email notification" to subscribe to email notifications when someone replies to your thread.
I checked your profile, and for now you choose not to subscribe.

BTW, to The Beach!
Closed Thread