Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #154
LessMe2014

S/C/G: 259/244/135

Height: 5'2"

Talking Old Body/New Journey for 2014

PERSONAL INFORMATION: My name is Darlene and I will be 57 in April . Don't quite remember getting this old but I'm trying to get my physical strength back. My dear husband of soon to be 40 years has been the love of my life & put up with me (and I him!!) through thick and thin through all these years. He has 6 children (we have 1 daughter together), 11 grandkids, 6 great-grands & 1 more on the way in July. We have a very spoiled 3 yr old basenji that we rescued in 2012. We met on this old lake & then moved back here in 2009 to be closer to his family. I enjoy crafting, fishing and internet surfing. I still work as a Quality Assurance Analyst but enjoy spending time with my family and my church friends. I love dance/singing competitions, DWTS, Idol, Voice, etc.

DIET / EXERCISE REGIMEN: I am 5'2" tall and have topped out at 259 lbs. I finally got to the point that I could not walk to the mailbox without getting winded and realized it was time to do something. My goal is to lose back down to a comfortable 130-135 within a year. I have not started exercising yet because I was so big, everything was in the way. I am working on diet changes following a 1200 calorie old diet plan/exchange list for diabetics. I used this when I was 28 yrs old and lost 87 lbs that time but 4 yrs after the loss, we had a family member to come and live with us that cooked everything fat and sweet. It has just continued to slide back on over the years. I walk about 3 days a week. I tried hypnosis once but the doc said I was one of those that could not be hypnotized. OH WELL!!

SPECIAL HOPES / ASPIRATIONS / ACHIEVMENTS / CHALLENGES: I cannot eat certain foods due to allergies and migraine triggers. This has been a challenge for me. If any of you suffer with migraines you know that once you get them under control, you don't mess with what works. I hope to get my center strong again. I have become sedentary but after losing my Mom and my husband's Mom over the last few years, I am ready to get myself back. They have become my inspiration. I started this journey (not diet) on Jan 2nd and my body is finally agreeing with me. I think my biggest challenge is going to be my husband who loves to cook the good old southern comfort foods. So far, I have been able to resist but keep me in your prayers!
LessMe2014 is offline   Reply With Quote