Old 02-11-2014, 03:49 PM   #1  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Default Doing THIS for ME and ONLY ME

Hello everyone IP is such a saving way to learn how to eat the right way and get in control of food. I accomplished so much in my first 3 months on IP and have legged off for a couple of days.
I have decided I need to figure out 3 key things and triggers in my eating:
Why do I punish myself by eating wrong and letting my emotions take over my willpower and eating?
What made me a closet or couch eater when no one is around?
Why was I able to conquer this from Nov-January?
I am in control of myself and my future it is time to take control back.

Let's get back OP and stick with IP and the guidelines to get this weight off and keep it off for life.
finale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:15 AM   #2  

Way to go! You are getting really close to goal!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

I think initial stages of any weight loss plan when you see the higher losses and the first feel good feelings that happen obviously start the momentum and keep it going for a while. After some success, it isn't such a novelty anymore, so momentum is lost. I also think that I sabotage myself when I finally get to a reasonable weight .... almost the way they say that people get used to a certain amount of money in their bank account and no matter what they earn....that amount tends to stay the same. I think it's the same psychological response... I myself don't want this to happen again...I hope that STAYING at the reasonable weight for a good amount of time, will teach me that THAT weight is now normal...and straying from THAT weight would be weird.

Anyhow, that was a little run-on, stream of consciousnessy (haha).
Sheriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/197/130

Height: 5'6

Wow your timeline and most really is inspiring. I am excited to start ideal protein this week. Continue to inspire.
literacyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriously View Post
I think initial stages of any weight loss plan when you see the higher losses and the first feel good feelings that happen obviously start the momentum and keep it going for a while. After some success, it isn't such a novelty anymore, so momentum is lost. I also think that I sabotage myself when I finally get to a reasonable weight .... almost the way they say that people get used to a certain amount of money in their bank account and no matter what they earn....that amount tends to stay the same. I think it's the same psychological response... I myself don't want this to happen again...I hope that STAYING at the reasonable weight for a good amount of time, will teach me that THAT weight is now normal...and straying from THAT weight would be weird.

Anyhow, that was a little run-on, stream of consciousnessy (haha).
I can certainly relate to this...especially getting to a reasonable weight and then I stop rather than continuing to move to goal. I used to always say things like well I am healthier, slimmer than I was so this is good enough. operative word enough without ever giving myself a shot at being the best me...just the enough me. Enough of that!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Finale, you have been doing a fantastic job on IP. You just had a slip. It is time to recommit to your weight loss goals. Remember, that it will be tough until you get back into ketosis. You were strong enough to get through it -the first time and I know that you can do it again.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote