View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 03:39 PM   #14
bargoo

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Megan~Bogey is about 1 1/2 years old. Still puppy-ish in many ways but he's really showing me how fast a learner he is. I've been keeping him on leash inside (unless we put him away) and he's very fast to sit when asked. Since he's leashed he can't pace and I think that keeps him calmer. Sunday night and last night we shut him in the guest room alone for about an hour or so. He'd had long days both days ad I figured he'd nap. Don't know if he did or not but he was quiet. While he's away we bring the cats out. Since it's been over 24 hours since he's tried to find them under the bed they're being a bit calmer. Ringo, my cat with issues, actually came out on his own this morning before I left for work. That made me happy. Oh, and this morning he was calm and sat while I dished his food!
I have no experience with Labs but have a lot with German Shepherds. I was married to a Police Officer who had a K9 He lived with us and everybody in the family loved him, as long as he wasn't on duty he thought he was a lap dog. You can't find a better dog than a German Shepherd, miixed or pure bred.My son has one now German Shepherd and ? They think she might be part chow she is getting up in years but is still loveable I wish I could see Bogey in person, he sounds like he will be a great dog for you.