View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #66
diyana
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday ladies,

Another late night for me...I just love the Olympics and can't stop watching them. I didn't want to get up this morning.

I created an original graphic for my boss (and her boss), and they are quite pleased. Probably just one minor tweak before we send it off to the printer.

I've also got to compile a written recommendation for a new web host based on the research I gathered for the past few days.

The video really wasn't that difficult to do. I downloaded a software for around $40, and you just add the photos and videos, add the music and then determine how you want the photos to transition from one to the next. The most difficult part was taking two different versions of the song "In My Life (I've Loved You More)" (by the Beatles originally and covered by Roberta Flack), and combining them together using the first couple verses of the Beatles version, then all of Roberta's version, then the last verse of the Beatles. That took several hours of learning the audio software program and then getting it to do what I wanted. I was able to do a pretty good job with that if I do say so.

Just a couple more photos to scan and add, and then viola!

==================================
Annie - I'm so sorry to hear about your DS's home being broken into? Do they have insurance (renters or homeowners) that will cover the cost to replace the items? It's awful that they lost so much, but at least no one was hurt. Sending you lots of love and hugs, and sending prayers to you and your loved ones.

Laura - Dang, 3 degrees is so cold! Has me shivering just thinking about it. Performance review and WW weigh in. I love the two photos! What a difference a week makes! Such a pretty picture of you in the sun hat with glistening sand and water in the background! I've had sea legs before just going out on a choppy lake or ocean to go fishing for a few hours...I can only imagine how much worse it would be after being on a ship for a week. Find something to hold on to.

Ceejay - I read your blog post. Your roommate is definitely overstepping her bounds. I'm glad for you that she went home. She should most definitely sleep on the couch if/when she comes back.

Happy - So it's Birkebeiner time already, huh? Lots of tourists in town for that no doubt. I hope the weather and snow conditions stay favorable for the race, as I know it brings a lot of revenue to your area. Thanks for asking about the migraines. I'm noticing that I am getting them a lot when the weather changes and low pressure moves in...especially when it gets rainy...hence my headaches this past weekend. It's supposed to drizzle a little tomorrow and Thursday with another storm (hopefully) moving in Saturday night...hopefully after my friend's party. I recorded the Beatles special from Sunday night, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Terra - Wow! Good for you on getting 3 walks per day!

Susie - sounds like a real confusing mess dealing with your boss' passport. I hope it all works out in the end, even if it means calling into the meetings in Manila.

Shad - Good on ya' for getting most everything taken care of during your short stint back home. Good that if needed you'll be able to see an optometrist in NZ. What a fun evening with your niece and the photos of during the pregnancy and the baby!

Signing off for now. I'll try and check back in later.

Much love to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 5 days per week 45 minutes per day
2) Stick to a 1,200 calorie a day diet
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery: 224
4) Make the most of each moment