Old 02-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #269
dak1lls
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey Hey Everyone,

I'm here, usually lurking. Not a heck of a lot to add to the conversations right now given that my intent is to GAIN weight. One of the most emotionally draining things I've ever done. Way harder then sticking with Phase 1 consistently for a year. Probably because I worked hard at getting it off and now I must be ok with gaining for baby. No I'm not looking for sympathy I truly know that I should be gaining some weight but whoa I think my metabolism is COMPLETELY shot. I am not having ANY treats and my body is NOT happy. BUT, I'm healthy and so far so is baby so that's all that matters. WHICH is the internal conversation I have with myself almost mulitple times a day. Which is the most emotionally draining aspect, it's a roller coaster.

Lizz: Saw your post on the pregnant forum, boy that place is dead! Course I'm not helping but there's only so much you can post there. LOL Way more interesting over here even though I'm only lurking.

Maile: With you on the sucralose, sometimes it's the lesser of the two evils when it comes to sugar or that. I haven't deleted it completely and probably have no future intent on deleting it completely. (Sorry if that offends anyone). I just choose not to have sugar.

Lulu: When I was maintaining with fun days it was more or less a fun late afternoon and or meal. Not the entire day but most definately at the beginning it was the entire day! :/ (yet I still laugh at that). My weekly range was 4-5 lbs. I knew which day where I was suppose to be eventually. I knew on Wednesday what number I wanted so I could be the lowest in the week for fun day (meal). The anxiety of "omg I'm going to gain it all back" lessens over time but I don't think it EVER goes away...just flares up once in a while.

I don't know who talked about carbs with their supper (lulu?)....but I am with sarita, I wouldn't be having peanut butter with a toast at night. I kept them all pretty much separate (google "MACRO NUTRIENT SEPARATION" and you can find out more - it's not a new concept and not invented by Ideal Protein). The only meal I kept them all together was (for the most part still is) with my breakfast. I generally don't have simple carbs for supper and will have a complex carb for a snack (fruit with protein).
Ishbel: I lurk on this thread more than I post, but I guess I feel like I don't have a lot to offer. I find the posts from everyone very helpful and it makes maintenance a little easier. It is definitely a challenge. I have often wondered how difficult it would be to go from IP to pregnancy and the struggle it must be "emotionally" to switch to a healthy gaining mentality. One thing I have learned from IP is how to eat and cook in a healthier way and that I put a lot of thought into what goes into my mouth. Kudos to you for sharing your journey and challenges with us here. It is uplifting to see your success and now to share your pregnancy adventure!

Joysh: I feel for you and the concerns you have now. I was fortunate to be on P1 for 5 1/2 months, and know it must be so difficult to be OP for a much longer period of time. I find in maintenance that I seem to be more carb sensitive now than I remember prior to IP. Or maybe I just didn't pay attention to it before. I find that I seem to gain easier and much of it is water weight as I am puffy with swelled joints. I believe it is inflammation and increases my will power at staying away from too many carbs. I am happy you have a place to post and can find some advice and support here. I wish I had more to offer in the way of help other than a virtual hug.

LizRR: when I first found 3FC I read so much and found your posts to be so inspiring. Your progress photos alone were a huge motivation to me, as well as your recipes. I went through every single P3 breakfast idea post and copied and pasted your recipes to a document I printed and used for my 2 weeks of P3. You are such a lovely person and I can't believe your little one is already over 5 months old! I'm glad to see you are back posting.

I hope everyone has a great day. I am planning to reheat some roast with cabbage, onions and mushrooms for dinner. I find I am pretty good at keeping to protein and veggies for the most part and enjoy treats when i really want something. The roast will be easy for dinner since I made it on Sunday and we ended up not eating it then.

Don't look back, you're not going that way!