View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #20
dak1lls
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I am not a January starter but wanted to pop in and say hi and welcome! So glad you all found this site.

As to the heartburn question: the really weird thing is that I had horrible heartburn that almost immediately ceased once I started IP. It didn't matter what I ate or how many TUMS I sucked on! I guess it goes to show we are all so different, if one person hasn't experienced something you will always find someone on this site who has.

You will find that you make many new friendships here and it is nice to find others who are starting at the same time. Read everything you can and don't just limit it to this site. There is a wealth of information online about protein sparing modified fasts, the need for taking supplements, how our bodies react to low carb diets, how many carbs a person needs, dealing with the big C, etc....on and on. Check out the recipe threads. They are inspiring and very helpful!

Check out the stickies at the top of the page in this forum and also read the first post in the Daily Chat that Lisa posts for lots of tips and info.

Good luck to everyone and happy 1 month anniversary on IP!!!!!

Don't look back, you're not going that way!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote