Old 02-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #1  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Default Disgusting Warning! Let's Talk About Poop

For the past week I spend the whole day from the moment I wake up trying to get comfortable, by taking several trips to the toilet - some successful others not. I have what I consider normal bowel movements daily but for some reason I still have this "full" feeling like I am not finished. My stomach appears extended and I have been having these horrible stomach cramps, and my weight has been going up and not down though I am eating well.

Does anyone have similar issues and how do you manage it? Does anyone do fiber supplements? How about probiotics? What helps you when you have that miserable I am so full I am going to explode feeling?

Last edited by SmallSteps; 02-08-2014 at 10:46 PM.
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

When I get like that, I eat prunes.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/see ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

For at least 5 days a week I eat a whole foods vegan diet. On the other 1-2 days before I eat a junk meal I have a glass of chia seeds. I also drink 110 oz of water a day which helps with those issues. Daily I also take a multi vitamin and a probiotic.
EnglishMcTeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #4  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

What is your diet like? I take a multi-vitamin and a probiotic. I am essentially on a low carb type diet.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I would not use any medications or supplements. The best thing to do would be check your diet and see if you are eating enough fiber. You can't jump-in to high fiber. You'll have issues. Gradually add more fiber to your diet and that should help. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water. Someone mentioned prunes. They are good, and good for you.
Wannabehealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #6  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

You've already got good advice. Coffee works for me if I get a little backed up. I am used to going daily. I totally hate that "not done" feeling!!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #7  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Fiber! and water... Hydration is important too for good poops.

My favorite source for fiber is Chia Seeds. These little things are magical with 5.5 grams of fiber per tablespoon. I have some for breakfast everyday (Holy Crap cereal ) mixed in with yogurt. But you can add them to all sorts of things. When you add them to water they release this gel stuff and is great when you add to smoothies to make them thick!

I've been eating this for breakfast mostly every day for months. I am quite regular
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #8  
Tired Of Just Surviving

Thanks everyone I will be checking into these chia seeds. Where exactly can you purchase them?

I am drinking plenty of water 100 to 150 ounces a day. So I know I am well hydrated. Anything other fruit or vegetables high in fiber because I don't do prunes.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

As others have said, although a low fiber diet can lead to constipation, adding too much fiber at once can also lead to constipation. Other factors that make matters worse include insufficient hydration and insufficient lubrication, which can easily happen to people trying to cut calories. If you are eating very low fat, you may find you need to "grease the pipes" (sorry!).

So, in addition to ramping up your fiber slowly and making sure you are hydrated, make sure you include enough healthy fats in your diet (which you really want to do for other health reasons to boot).

Good luck; hope everything works out!

Last edited by yoyoma; 02-10-2014 at 03:13 PM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:24 PM   #10  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

A very easy way to up your fat intake, and reap several benefits, including regularity, is to have a tablespoon of coconut oil each day.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #11  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Radiojane originally posted A very easy way to up your fat intake, and reap several benefits, including regularity, is to have a tablespoon of coconut oil each day.
Because of constipation, my doctor had me add a tablespoon of coconut oil a day. I add it to my coffee. It is not as gross as it sounds and it really helps.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:17 PM   #12  
Tired Of Just Surviving

I bought some coconut oil today, I am going to give it a try.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #13  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallSteps View Post
Thanks everyone I will be checking into these chia seeds. Where exactly can you purchase them?
You can sometimes find them at Mexican grocery stores (like Cardenas or El Super) in the spices section but it's pretty hit-or-miss, they're typically sold there in small plastic packets with a paper label sealing the top. I've picked them up at both the Winco in Henderson and the Sprouts on Rainbow & Flamingo in the bulk sections. I remember the Cardenas near Meadows Mall had the little packets of them a while back, but I haven't been there since I found them in bulk elsewhere.

Whole Foods carry them as well, but the last I knew they were only available in a huge container and were pretty expensive. When you buy them in bulk at Winco or Sprouts you can choose to buy as much or as little as you like.

Last edited by Elladorine; 02-13-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I've seen chia seeds for sale in Markey Basket. If you can't find them local, they are for sale on ebay. I haven't tried them, but I've thought about it.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

you can find chia in the fiber supplement aisle. I think my last bottle was from Benefiber. I now buy them at the Amish store, along with coconut oil and some other fun stuff for my gluten free self. Flax seeds, coconut flour, almond flour and nutritional yeast. If you can find an Amish bulk store around you, they have great prices!
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote