View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 06:46 AM   #7
carter
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/152/???

Height: 5'5"

Prepare yourself for the possibility that the medical professional you speak to isn't very understanding about the problem of binge eating. It is not uncommon for people to provide helpful advice like "just stop eating before it turns into a binge" or "just don't eat when you aren't hungry." Not everyone grasps that binge-eating is not about hunger or is empathetic about the compulsion aspect that makes it very difficult to stop once you have started.

I don't Know whether the person you speak to will be understanding about these things, but if he or she is not, do not take it as a judgment against you or an intentional trivialization of your struggles. The fact that a lot of people don't really understand what binge eating is about doesn't mean it isn't a very real and difficult problem for those of us who battle it.
Make the best choice I can make, with every choice. Remember that the temptation in front of me is not the last of its kind that I will ever see; say "I'll pass today." Say "no!" to my whiny inner five-year-old.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote