Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #1  

Default Ideal Protein Newcomers introduce yourself here!

With the new year upon us, we will be welcoming many newcomers.

Introduce yourself here and then feel free to jump in on the Daily Chat and other threads. You will find LOTS of support on the IP sub-forum.

Here is some information to get you started. It is posted every day in the Daily Chat thread so don't worry about losing it.

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #2  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

What a great idea for a thread Lisa!
Old 12-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #3  

Thanks Ruth Ann! We were all new once and know how vital it is to feel accepted in a new spot
Old 12-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Default Not so new newcomer

Hi there.....A not so new newcomer, have been off and on since losing and gaining some back, ready to go again....Lisa, you once gave me the number for my fitness pal, 900 cal. and I've forgotten the percentages you said to put in for protein, carbs, etc. can you give me the info again please
Old 12-28-2013, 12:27 AM   #5  

Hi all-very new to the program and to the thread. I have posted a few times and am so appreciative of the supportive feedback. I was doing really well, two weeks in and 5 lbs down. And then I had to travel unexpectedly to my partners father, who is not sick. I've been trying to stay OP but have had two bad days. I feel bad for throwing my body in and out of ketosis. Any tips for getting back into ketosis quickly or with minimal set backs? I am also wondering about making a soup, adding vegetables, and then refrigerating it for later. Does that work? Will it reheat ok? Thanks so much in advance. I'm really excited about working this program. In my initial first week. I was never hungry and really like the taste of all of the food. Thanks again for any support!
Old 12-28-2013, 05:11 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
Hi there.....A not so new newcomer, have been off and on since losing and gaining some back, ready to go again....Lisa, you once gave me the number for my fitness pal, 900 cal. and I've forgotten the percentages you said to put in for protein, carbs, etc. can you give me the info again please
Hi Diana
IP is 50% protein, 30% fat, 20% carbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyank View Post
Any tips for getting back into ketosis quickly or with minimal set backs? I am also wondering about making a soup, adding vegetables, and then refrigerating it for later. Does that work? Will it reheat ok? Thanks so much in advance. I'm really excited about working this program. In my initial first week. I was never hungry and really like the taste of all of the food. Thanks again for any support!
Welcome!
To get back in Ketosis, hop back on the plan and stick to it like glue.
I made soup with veggie purée for lunch M-F for my first 6 months on IP.
I cooked mine & tossed it in a thermos to eat later.
It does, however, reheat.

I'll look forward to seeing you both in the Daily Chat tread!
Old 12-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #7  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyank View Post
Hi all-very new to the program and to the thread. I have posted a few times and am so appreciative of the supportive feedback. I was doing really well, two weeks in and 5 lbs down. And then I had to travel unexpectedly to my partners father, who is not sick. I've been trying to stay OP but have had two bad days. I feel bad for throwing my body in and out of ketosis. Any tips for getting back into ketosis quickly or with minimal set backs? I am also wondering about making a soup, adding vegetables, and then refrigerating it for later. Does that work? Will it reheat ok? Thanks so much in advance. I'm really excited about working this program. In my initial first week. I was never hungry and really like the taste of all of the food. Thanks again for any support!
Welcome stephyank! I agree with Lisa, just get back to 100% and you'll be back in ketosis and losing before you know it. It's important if you slip to get right back - small slips can become day or week long slips very easily and then it's that much hard to get back to being OP.

I pre-make soups with veggies all the time and then heat them at work. Sometimes need to add a little extra water when heating and don't heat them in the shaker cup with the lid on! You can end up with a hot mess.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, Everyone. Today is day one of my restart. I didn't phase off correctly and quickly returned to some unhealthy habits. I am excited about this restart. So far, I've done a lot of refreshing and planning to get prepared. I shopped yesterday, so I feel like I'm ready. A lot of people have done this without a coach, so I'm going to give that a shot. I have a feeling I will be on here a lot for information and support. Thanks for starting this thread.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #9  

Good Morning. I am restarting today as I did not phase off and went way off over the holiday. Today I am recommitting to IP and will not stay away from this site. You all keep me grounded in the program and I need support from your suggestions and ideas and recipes. Thanks to all who contribute to make this such a great resource.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansfilter View Post
Good morning, Everyone. Today is day one of my restart. I didn't phase off correctly and quickly returned to some unhealthy habits. I am excited about this restart. So far, I've done a lot of refreshing and planning to get prepared. I shopped yesterday, so I feel like I'm ready. A lot of people have done this without a coach, so I'm going to give that a shot. I have a feeling I will be on here a lot for information and support. Thanks for starting this thread.
I did the same thing- incorrect phase off and unhealthy habits. I was surprised by how much refreshing I had to do but when I restarted, I knew what to expect and what worked for me so it came off pretty quickly. Now I'm at where I was when I stopped last time. It's kind of a monumental moment! Welcome back!
Old 12-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #11  

Thanks everyone for the feedback! So good to know I can make my lunch soup, put it in a Tupperware and reheat later! I really love this program. Never hungry and so many good choices to eat! Looking fwd to staying on this forum as it keeps me committed & accountable!
Old 12-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Hey Everyone!

I'm a newbie. I'm doing this without a coach so I want to thank all of you for all of the information on this board. It's invaluable!

I wanted to do IP not just to lose weight (even though that would be awesome) but to reset my carb/ sugar habits. I definitely went off the deep end with sugar lately and I can tell that it is effecting my mood and health.

Today is day 2 and so far so good. I surprisingly haven't had any cravings yet and I feel really good, lots of energy!
Old 12-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashadee View Post
Hey Everyone!

I'm a newbie. I'm doing this without a coach so I want to thank all of you for all of the information on this board. It's invaluable!

I wanted to do IP not just to lose weight (even though that would be awesome) but to reset my carb/ sugar habits. I definitely went off the deep end with sugar lately and I can tell that it is effecting my mood and health.

Today is day 2 and so far so good. I surprisingly haven't had any cravings yet and I feel really good, lots of energy!
Sashadee, hi, I am in the same situation. I also am doing this not only for weight loss but have noticed how lethargic and tired I have become. It is good know what your days are like as I am starting this Tuesday. I was really concerned about a lack of energy during the beginning. But it seems to be the opposite. I noticed that we have the same weight goal and are about the same height AND are newbies. It is exciting to see someone in such a similar situation. good luck to you!
Old 12-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 216/174/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi, Eveyone:

I am a fairly new IP'er, going into week 4 this week. I am part of a beta group at the hospital where I work, so my coach and the rest of us are learning together. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, and found the support and the recipes an amazing help. When we started, we weren't given info on how to jazz up the packets, so within a week, it was getting old. Now, I'm on the path, using the recipes found here.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #15  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

I've been gone for over a year...so I feel like a newbie! I lost 39 pounds and sadly, I've managed to gain that back (a pregnancy partially to blame in that time). Anyhow, I'm back and ready to do it again with alternatives! I'm on-call at work tonight, but if I get some sleep...Day #1 will be tomorrow!
Closed Thread