Old 02-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Default Tips to avoid a Binge

Hello everyone, I was wondering, what do you girls do to avoid a binge? I've noticed that everyday, around 3-4pm, I get hungry, and will binge. Does anyone else feel like there is a time when the urge to binge gets really bad? What do you do when you don't want to binge but feel the cravings?
Thanks!
missygirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/143/140

Height: 5'9

For me, the only thing that seems to work is to take a nap. Otherwise, I can't stop thinking about eating.
jsm0102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 328/see ticker/199

Height: 5-8

Read something, anything, from your OA books or literature! Of course, ask your HP for help too!
RedHeadLongLegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 296

Height: 5'8"

3-5 PM is a very typical time to want to overeat. Many people have a natural lull in their energy at this time. You might be trying to prop up yourself energetically to get through the rest of the day. If this is a problem, addressing your sagging energy directly can help. So, take a nap, have a big glass of water, read something inspiring... just do something that really does help your energy level stay up. I know for me, I think that binging will help me feel better but it never does. I feel worse every time.

I have planned my meals so that I have a 4 PM mini-meal every day. I plan to eat something nutritious every day because I do need more than 3 meals a day. My body is such that I need food about every 3-4 hours while I'm awake.
blog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #5  
fluffy

S/C/G: 204/201/174

Height: 5'6''

My critical time is right after lunch, because the habit of eating multiple desserts after lunch is still stuck at the back of my head.

It really helps me if I eat at a restaurant that is a walking distance from home – so I have a little walk after. When I get home, the urge to binge is usually gone.

If I’m at home, diet soda and/or tea help me get passed it.
Velvet bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #6  

This happens to me too. I have two points in the day when I binge, around 10.30 am and 2-4pm.

I'm reflecting on this now, after reading your question. Things that have worked?, I used to organise that I always at the gym in the afternoon (not so feasible if at work, but I was home, full time mum) and that stopped my afternoon binge completely.

A nap will sometimes help, the only problem with that is, when I wake up I am in full blown binge mode. May help you though. Good luck, and know that you're not alone- fight it. Let's do it together!
Onmyown123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I also do a snack at 4-ish and then head to the gym around 5.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote