View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #6
worththeeffort2
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/195/135

Height: 5' 7"

Default Congratulations!

Congratulations, Mainecyn, for taking the first step and deciding to talk with your PA/doctor. If your PA doesn't have experience in this area, ask him/her for a referral to a bariatric program that can provide medically-supervised diet programs and psychological support.

Now you've made this decision, it is important for you to advocate for yourself and ask for what you need. Start doing some online research about bariatric programs in your area and find out what these programs offer in terms of counseling support. If there aren't any programs locally, you may be able to connect with medical services via Skype through your provider's office or a local hospital. More of that is being done these days.

You've made and important decision and you're taking important steps. Don't allow negativity from others to impact your mood or decision. This is your journey. Don't let negative posts scare you away from doing what you need to do for yourself. This is about you living your life in the healthiest way you can.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that your PA can step up and help out right away but don't forget, advocate for yourself. You deserve to live a life without the constant struggle with food and binging. Scary? Yup. But look where fear has held you so far. As you know from my posts elsewhere on the forum, I'm in the midst of my own journey. My journey is mine. Your journey will be yours. Do what you feel is right for you.

One for every 10 pounds lost; one for every 5 pounds lost:
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote