Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #1  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Default Binge Free And Over Eating in February

I have been doing well, last binge or over eating was January 18th, 13 days. Its been tough but ive done it. I'm still fighting, and trying to handle my binge eating. I got the book brain over binge, yet haven't read beyond the first page. I at times think I just don't want to face my issue or learn more about myself..make sense?
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:27 AM   #2  

Makes a lot of sense to me! Sometimes I get tired of looking "into myself." I think that it is great to explore why we do the things that we do and reflect, but at the same time, I like the balance that by just living the day to day and not thinking too hard about it.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #3  

Hi. I've not been around for a few days. I've had a very emotional week, quite negative. I have thankfully refrained from binging, but have strayed dangerously close to it on occasion with over eating. The difference (aside fromt he calorie consumption and speed) has been the thought process. The binge mentality just doesn't seem to be there any more.

I'm still working with my counsellor. He said to me today he's not sure what i need his help for. I seem to have good coping strategies and and open approach. I think i explained myself to him, so we'll see what happens next week.

I have to say, this forum is a great place for checking in and it does keep me focussed. I need to try and use it when i'm feeling emotionally negative.
orangesmartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:07 AM   #4  
Began on 10/25/13

Just checking in! I've done pretty darned well over the past week or two, no cravings that I've given into I'm glad to hear that the other people who have posted in this (so far tiny) thread are having success as well.
HuggerBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

I've been binging almost every day for the past week
Today has been going well though. I had a big dinner, but I'm determined to get through today binge-free.
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #6  
Battling Binge Eating

Quote:
I'm still working with my counselor. He said to me today he's not sure what i need his help for. I seem to have good coping strategies and and open approach. I think i explained myself to him, so we'll see what happens next week.
It sounds like your counselor is trying to build your confidence and believes in you. I bet it is still nice to have that reassurance that you are doing well, and using your skills to over come the binge eating.

Quote:
I've been binging almost every day for the past week
Congratulations! Its an accomplishment. I've been telling myself that every HOUR I don't binge is at least positive. Are you doing anything different?

I am still doing well. I am on day 20 binge free. I had to count twice because it just didn't seem possible. I can't believe I have made it this long again. The longest I have gone this winter binge free has been 21 days. I have to really start focusing and tell myself I can do this. I don't quite remember what it was specifically that made me break the last binge except for the stress of all the kids home during the holidays etc. I wanna make it to day 22 and beat my old record.!!

I am doing well considering the amount of stress that has gone on these past two weeks. I had been getting up at 4 every day to get into work extra early and train on the job I will be taking over when the lady takes maternity leave. I got better and more confident with what I was learning, not second guessing myself, except maybe still occasionally messing up the phone. However, I noticed I really felt guilty.

I would get to work before 6, stay until 10:30 or 11. Then I would either do my grocery shopping, go to the post office, library, or any of the other zillons errands I had. After all of that I would be home for lunch and then do loads of laundry, load the dishwasher, sweep or mop the floor, clean our bathroom, get dinner prepped or put in the crockpot, then go back to work. I felt like I was running on full tilt. I'd work again until 5. After work it was home again to prepare the rest of dinner, fold laundry, etc. Then by 7 or 8 a.m. I was having all I could do to keep my eyes open. I kept falling asleep very very early. I was not available for anyone it seemed after 8. I tried making it up by watching a movie with the kids one night at dinner, by the time it was over I was ready for bed. I didn't get much time with my husband and being so tired I was already asleep when he wanted to do something else.

I decided to ask for help, which I never ever do. I now have someone helping me after dinner, they are rotating..someone will help put leftovers away and "clean up" from dinner so I'm not doing it all and I can actually eat at decent time instead of 2 hours after everyone else. It might seem like very little but I notice its less stressful and I feel like less of a maid. I mean I would go non-stop all day and then when I came home at night sometimes I still had my coat on when I got the rest of dinner going or other stuff done and I was like wait a minute..this just isn't right I go from one job to another with no break whatsoever.

I remember before mentioning this and I listened when you guys suggested ASKING for help. Thank you. Because those are the times I would start getting so upset and then angry I'd bottle it up and it would build and build, then the next thing I knew I would explode into a binge.
I did managed to whip up muffins a couple mornings before I went to work I was trying to let my husband and kids know I hadn't forgotten them just because I was seeing them less or only when I was sleeping

I also checked this morning and was happy to find that I am in ketosis. I also noticed that I had dropped back down to 181-182, which is a start since earlier in the week the scale had read 185. I am reminding myself to avoid the nuts because of all the salt and the fact that I just can't seem to control myself when it comes to eating them. I have tried taking out just one serving but before I know it I go back and eventually I just say heck and eat the bag.

Last edited by mainecyn; 02-06-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #7  
Harness that energy.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

Height: 5'4"

Last night I had a bit of a mini binge on some peanuts and rice cakes (low in calories at least). I did some working out afterwards so I felt a bit better. I think I binged because dinner just really wasn't satisfying. I thought I had eaten enough....maybe not. =P Gah.
LilDazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Hi, I'm joining in here. I haven't been on the forums too much in the past one or two weeks, because I've been so tired of coming here with failure posts all the time. I really feel like that's all I've been posting because I haven't been able to keep my eating under control. Couple that with the stress of being unemployed and not being able to find a job despite countless applications, I've been eating and eating with no restraint.

But I'm back. I'm still unemployed and living with parents, but I want to have some control in at least one area of my life, and that's going to be my weight loss. Thankfully I haven't gained too much and even managed to lose 2 lbs in the past week. I'm getting back on this journey and I'm trying to stay positive.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #9  

I still haven't been doing great.
I had was good up until after dinner yesterday, when I had half a loaf of banana bread (I ate the other half the day before...) and a bowl of pasta with stale bread (a second dinner with way too much salt)
I did get in a good workout yesterday though. I made myself stay on the elliptical even after people began filling in our tiny gym (I like it to myself).

I have work today from 8 to 1:30, then am spending the rest of the day in the library getting homework done. I have no food left in my home, so not binging should be easy.

So today will be Day 1.
I want to stop binging so badly. I'm so sick of waking up every morning feeling bloated and heavy from all the salt and refined foods :\
Old 02-09-2014, 10:00 AM   #10  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

I have not binged since Nov. 1, 2013 and am feeling pretty good about that. I've been sticking to my diet program and staying on track with my exercise. I've lost over 40 pounds and can climb stairs again without huffing and puffing. I have a long way to go, yet, but I'm on track to get to goal.

I spent far too many years afraid to face or address my binging habit. Without sugar, without binges, who was I? I am the same exact person, just without feeling crappy all the time from the toxic effects sugar had on my system. I have no desire to binge again. Do I miss certain foods? Absolutely! I am learning that there is a major difference between craving a food and wanting to binge, however. Just because I might crave a donut doesn't mean I want, need, or desire to sit down and eat an entire box of donuts. I'm also learning that cravings do pass. I don't have to act on them.

I am a happier person since reading Brain over Binge and deciding that my obsession with food didn't define who I am as a person. I was finally ready to throw away the crutch. We each come to the point that binging doesn't give us the emotional "fix" we need anymore.

As twisted as it may sound, I'm still able to reach that vacuous point of mindlessness that binging provided, only today, I reach that point through exercise. I know only too well, the emotional peace of eating an entire layer cake without thinking about anything or or tasting a single bite. All thought of any kind just slipped away in a massive, thoughtless sugar rush. It takes more physical effort to reach the point of mental oblivion through exercise but when you're doing rep after rep, just focusing on form and counting, there's no room for other thoughts. When I'm in the midst of a workout, I experience that period of mental oblivion without the accompanying regret that binging causes.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #11  
Battling Binge Eating

Quote:
I want to have some control in at least one area of my life, and that's going to be my weight loss. Thankfully I haven't gained too much and even managed to lose 2 lbs in the past week. I'm getting back on this journey and I'm trying to stay positive.
Sounds like you have a plan and it is good to put your physical health and needs at the top of the list.

Quote:
Do I miss certain foods? Absolutely! I am learning that there is a major difference between craving a food and wanting to binge, however. Just because I might crave a donut doesn't mean I want, need, or desire to sit down and eat an entire box of donuts. I'm also learning that cravings do pass. I don't have to act on them.
I have really been paying attention to the same thing..I have learned that I am doing a very good job at paying attention to what my body is saying. I haven't had any binge feelings, for me they are different than just a "craving". But, so far I haven't had enough cravings, or stress, to boil over into a binge cycle. I have able to eat normally. I have been around "binge" foods, and have not been inclined to binge.

I am now 23 DAYS BINGE FREE, the longest I have been in years. I beat the 22 days I had done before. I reached a goal and am so happy with myself.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecyn View Post
I am now 23 DAYS BINGE FREE, the longest I have been in years. I beat the 22 days I had done before. I reached a goal and am so happy with myself.
I've been following along, on and off, and am SOOOOO happy for you!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #13  

Ugh, I messed up again today :\
It was going well until after dinner (as always), lots of cereal, maple sugar, bread. There's not a lot of food in the house of mine, but of course I still managed a binge (and not a very good one in terms of taste of the food )
And now I'm super nauseous.
It was a busy day, 2 meetings and four classes...
But food shouldn't be my way to de-stress and relax.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Gotta stay positive!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:23 AM   #14  
Harness that energy.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

Height: 5'4"

Peanut butter toast this morning for breakfast....then I went on a crunchy spree. (a few Nilla wafers, Newton thins, and some BBQ Fritos) =P Good thing lunch will be healthy. But I gotta plan something supah low cal for dinner. Gah!
LilDazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #15  
Battling Binge Eating

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I've been following along, on and off, and am SOOOOO happy for you!
Thank you so much for the support. It has been very difficult but I am still binge free today, no over eating either. I am trying to be "good" to myself and keep going. I am extremely busy with work, which might be helping, and at home.

I also stepped on the scale this morning, I am back DOWN to 179 as of this morning. Not binging is helping since I had been past 185.

Quote:
Newton
I bought Fig newtons in January-tons of them. I was craving them and I ate two entire packages during a binge. They bring back a warm and fuzzy feeling from childhood-my grandfather always ate them. I wondered at the time if I was binging trying to comfort myself? Who knows. I know that emotions add to my binge feeling, but it isn't the "cause" of it. Also know that when I am stressed and feeling out of control I also binge a great deal. Which is odd to me because I feel out of control during a binge as well buy maybe its a way to get that "energy" out?

So, overall 25 days binge free. I keep reminding myself that. I haven't had "the urge" to binge which is how I have gone this long.