View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #25
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Simply Saturday

GOOD AFTERNOON IN FEBRUARY MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

The temperatures for this day are 14 to 30 with a 10% chance of precipitation. Have I said that I long for spring ~ guess I have said that several times already.

The roast didn’t get done in time for dinner so I fixed something else and when it did get done I let it all cool a bit then put it in the fridge. We can have that today. All those beautiful veggies will be great later in a soup. I cooked it all in my large crock pot so I put in lots of veggies.

I received the silver Picasso that was made for me out in CA. My mother bought it when she was in Spain and wore it quite often. In her will she gave it to one of the grandchildren that really liked it and my brother got it and had made copies of it for some of us gals that wanted one. It is a stylized ladies face with her arms over her head with the face in the middle. Hard for me to explain except if you know Picasso it is one of his pieces. It is 2½” long x 1½” wide. A very nice piece in gleaming fine silver. I put it on a long silver box chain I have and it looks quite nice.

Pablo Picasso, 1908–1909
Birth name Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso
Born 25 October 1881
Málaga, Spain
Died 8 April 1973 (aged 91)
Mougins, France

JEAN We also have tall ceilings in the church building. The lights hang down on long chains so aren't so hard to replace the bulbs with a ladder. I think this building is one of the ones built in the 60's. Guys working around those old buildings need to be very careful. It is a good thing that we can't do anything about the weather. Just think ~ Mark wants snow so he can snow ski and Martha wants sunny skies so she can plant her veggies. It wouldn't work. I also like staying in a putzing on days like this. However, I also like getting the Jeep and visiting the Buffalo.

Have a good day my cyber friends.
Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 02-08-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote