View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #23
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friday

GOOD AFTERNOON IN FEBRUARY MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

It is supposed to be a tad bit warmer today in the ♥-Land with the high temp at 18˚ and the low at 12˚ with 20% chance of precipitation. The few feet of snow we got the other day is still on the ground for it hasnít gotten warm enough for it to melt away. It is fun to see the children sledding down to the frozen snow covered river. The buffalo are impervious and have snow on their backs. The young ones are almost as big as the adults now for they grow so fast. I donít think it will be much longer before their owner removes the young ones to a different pasture away from the old bull. The old guy was frisky today having a great time rubbing his huge face in the dirt he had exposed on a hill by kicking the snow away and shaking his head. Evidently this cold weather agrees with him.

We are having snow flurries today which are about a foot apart swirling about. It isnít said they will amount to much moisture this day.

That rotisserie chicken we got yesterday was quite yummy and leftovers of a bird such as that help a nice bowl of noodle soup be yummy on a winterís day. Today I am crock potting a roast with some pink potatoes, quartered onions, cut up celery and a carton of fresh mushrooms. I found I am out of carrots so they didnít get in the pot this go-round. First I sprinkled chunks of garlic over the surface of the roast and then added a packet of onion soup mix and about a cup of water to the pot. The house will smell lovely all afternoon as it cooks.

DONNA FAYE Glad you are back home safe and soung with that ordeal overwith. Post when you feel better and we will be here.

JEAN OH yes let's think of SPRING. I am tired of this cold weather but it is all we have at the moment in time so I do try to make the best of it.

Have a good day my cyber friends.
Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote