Old 02-02-2014, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Default Restart, Reboot January 1, 2014

First thread reached 500 so here goes another one.

Good Morning. I had my official WI yesterday and lost 2.2
Next week I should be in the 130's.
This week I only ate 4 restricted and ate more chicken than beef.
I think that made a small difference, although not sure of that because last week was my TOM.

I had company last night and made ribs in the slow cooker using a low carb bbq sauce my coach sells (not Walden Farms). I had 9 people over and everyone went back for seconds. My coach said I could have ribs once in a while. I made coleslaw, potatoes, ribs and garlic bread and only had ribs and cabbage without the coleslaw dressing. They had apple pie and icecream and I had my my shake for dessert.

I feel a HUGE victory this morning. I knew if I cheated I would of felt awful today. Instead I woke up very excited that I will reach my goal now. It can be done folks.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #2  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post

I think that made a small difference, although not sure of that because last week was my TOM.

I had company last night and made ribs in the slow cooker using a low carb bbq sauce my coach sells (not Walden Farms). I had 9 people over and everyone went back for seconds. My coach said I could have ribs once in a while. I made coleslaw, potatoes, ribs and garlic bread and only had ribs and cabbage without the coleslaw dressing. They had apple pie and icecream and I had my my shake for dessert.

I feel a HUGE victory this morning. I knew if I cheated I would of felt awful today. Instead I woke up very excited that I will reach my goal now. It can be done folks.
That is outstanding!!! Your meal includes my favorite things and I would have been sorely tempted to eat leftovers. Congratulations on a major NSV! I would love to know the brand of the BBQ sauce--no such thing as too many choices of this
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for rolling the thread, Sunflower, and congrats on your successful entertaining! You sound like you're doing terrific!

I'm researching some IP friendly soups to stock the freezer with this week.... here' to hoping my over-zealous co-workers won't throw it away again! lol

I had a glass of red wine last night to celebrate a very dear friend's 50th birthday. I skipped my restricted to help absorb the extra 6 carbs, and was really good about not snacking on any of the munchies (Including the Doritos - not even one! Which, if you knew me, deserves huge kudos! )
I know it's off protocol, but I made a conscience decision to try a controlled variation. I'll let you know on weigh in day if it was worth it. lol
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #4  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:

Congrats Sunflower! So proud of you!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #5  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Quote:

Great job! Way to plan ahead
Clarington45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:49 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
That is outstanding!!! Your meal includes my favorite things and I would have been sorely tempted to eat leftovers. Congratulations on a major NSV! I would love to know the brand of the BBQ sauce--no such thing as too many choices of this

thank you!! The sauce is called Guy's Award Winning BBQ Sauce, flavor is Smokey Garlic and it's sugar free. The count is: per 2 tablespoons, 5 cals, 0 fat, 1g of carb. My coach said he's going out of business or something though, so not sure if you can get it. It's made it Ohio apparently. Hmm I just noticed there is a website on the bottle too, http://www.guysbbq.com/bbq-sauce/com...free-bbq-sauce

Last edited by Sunflower40; 02-02-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:54 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
Congrats Sunflower! So proud of you!
thanks knm, how did your weekend go?
Old 02-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Thanks for rolling the thread, Sunflower, and congrats on your successful entertaining! You sound like you're doing terrific!

I'm researching some IP friendly soups to stock the freezer with this week.... here' to hoping my over-zealous co-workers won't throw it away again! lol

I had a glass of red wine last night to celebrate a very dear friend's 50th birthday. I skipped my restricted to help absorb the extra 6 carbs, and was really good about not snacking on any of the munchies (Including the Doritos - not even one! Which, if you knew me, deserves huge kudos! )
I know it's off protocol, but I made a conscience decision to try a controlled variation. I'll let you know on weigh in day if it was worth it. lol
huge victory on no doritos, honestly I think I would of had atleast one lol
you always feel better when you stay OP
Old 02-02-2014, 09:57 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
Great job! Way to plan ahead
thank you, it's a struggle most days, especially when you're surrounded by food. But it just goes to show that with enough planning it can be done.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 189/157.5/135

Height: 5'

Talking BBQ Sauce Website

Quote:
thank you, it's a struggle most days, especially when you're surrounded by food. But it just goes to show that with enough planning it can be done.
Thanks for the website for the sugar free BBQ sauce! Yes most days are a struggle for me too with food. I just keep pluggin' along though in my weightloss journey.
nacygirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:09 AM   #11  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
thank you!! The sauce is called Guy's Award Winning BBQ Sauce, flavor is Smokey Garlic and it's sugar free. The count is: per 2 tablespoons, 5 cals, 0 fat, 1g of carb. My coach said he's going out of business or something though, so not sure if you can get it. It's made it Ohio apparently. Hmm I just noticed there is a website on the bottle too, http://www.guysbbq.com/bbq-sauce/com...free-bbq-sauce
Guy's is my absolute favorite! Right up there with regular BBQ sauce. You can get it on Netrition, which is where I order it from. Shipping prices are more reasonable (to me, at least) than ordering it directly from Guy's.
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Quote:

Congratulations Sunflower and thank you for starting the new thread as well. I am amazed how quickly you got to the 130's I started a week after you and I am still looming in the 140's. Also I am only doing unrestricted.
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #13  
Reboot: 01/01/15

S/C/G: 167 / 151.0 / 125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! Broke into the 140s this morning... finally... Fell off the wagon a few weekends ago, so should have been here much sooner. Been 100% since then and it feels good.

137 was the lowest I got last year before stopping IP, so I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've learned after gaining much back that...

1. I will keep going to get to an even lower weight before phasing off. I phased off for a spring break vacation, but never got back on after it was over.

2. I will pay attention to a high weight I am comfortable with before jumping back in to phase 1 to keep the pounds from creeping up so drastically over a year. A handful of phase 1 weeks throughout the year will be MUCH better than months on phase 1 once a year!

Happy Monday!
KLD81230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #14  
IP Restart Date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 257.4/195.6/197

Height: 5'8"

So proud of myself for not eating any yummy snacks a Super Bowl party last night!! Brought my own taco meat and had a taco salad and I brought some OP stuffed mini bell peppers that everyone loved!!
tbc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #15  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
thanks knm, how did your weekend go?
Surprisingly well! Friday after work I got my usual weekend cravings. I went into the pantry and grabbed a granola bar. I took it to the couch, set it beside me and sat there for about 10 minutes deciding if it was really worth it. I decided to have my restricted instead (I usually save it for after supper) but figured, have the restricted now, then if you still want something after supper you can decide, rather than going off plan too early in the day and blowing the rest of the day, which for me usually leads to the entire weekend. I had friends over that night and stayed busy, so I didn't have time to think about cravings anymore and went to bed with another day in the bag!

Every day the scale keeps moving so that keeps my motivation going! I'm starting to not sleep well again (happened in the fall to me too) but if it's between being skinny and tired vs fat and well rested, I'll take the first one!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote