View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #61
Lexxiss
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/175/179

Height: 5'5"

Flyby this morning! Essentials done, even though I "considered" leaving them because I'm "in a hurry". In a hurry because I didn't rise early enough..."didn't plan". Once I started, it got done quickly and I'll be happier when I get home.

gardenerjoy, I will put that book on my list. I do notice that many of the "things" I have resolved in my life, specifically the condition of my home, do make me feel happier. I notice this daily.

onebyone, thanks for your insight on my comments. I do notice just what you said. I have made those essentials into a personal challenge. I do them as fast as I can and remember it's exercise. I am always thinking when I'm doing them....how could I be more efficient...do them faster....make less trips....etc.
The kitchen, for example, I try to use less pans....I've developed a routine where when I'm cooking I'm also cleaning up after myself instead of watching the food and tasting...tasting....tasting. I have a short list of items that never sit....my vitamix, food processor, kitchen knives, etc. If a pan is going to sit I fill it with water/soap and wash it the next time I come upon it. Lots of little things make life smoother. I decluttered the kitchen, got rid of lots of extras, and the extra storage space I found automatically decluttered the counters....trash goes out the first time it's full and I am going to the car....recycle goes out on pick up day EVEN if I don't think I have time....etc
Maybe you could think of ways to make the daily stuff easier and more fun.

Ok, gotta run!

My last 58 pounds lost on SBD My 2014 Beacher Bio!