South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Let's Hibernate Thursday Chat 14/2/6

I cannot believe this winter - and I've had 75 of them. It just never stops. We didn't get hit with as much snow as the "southerners" but still enough to cause lots of grief. There was a 150 vehicle pile-up on 401 yesterday. (401 is the major road between Montreal and Toronto.) Richard ploughed my lane last night just as the last flake fell.

Have an eye appointment this morning in town but the driving should be OK. After that I hope to pick up two batched of wine that have been waiting for me since before Christmas. Lugging that into the house will be my afternoon exercise along with shoveling the decks and paths.

If anyone wants to come and help, I have pea soup ready to roll in the crockpot.

Be strong, Chickies. This too shall pass. גם זה יעבור
Old 02-06-2014, 07:33 AM   #2  

Hi Ruth, I remember you. I am jumping back in (again). I have been a member here for years, but I don't come around too often, but you are one of the ones I do remember.

I am sorry y'all are freezing up there. I am ready to hibernate today and it isn't nearly as cold here as I am sure it is there.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL Heather, Ruth is hard to forget, isn't she .

Ruth, we finally got a good snow, but I still see the weeds thru the snow in the field. Maybe I should tell the farmer to cut the hay later in the season?

Looong day for me, and I think it's packed with all the people that couldn't come in yesterday. Maybe I can X-country ski on Saturday?
Old 02-06-2014, 08:09 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Fly by today because I'm running late (what else is new?!). Yup, we got lots of snow. I'm no longer interested enough to measure but it was a lot and it kept snowing after we cleared the driveway. I need more seed catalogs
Old 02-06-2014, 08:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Two days stuck in the house have not been kind to me. But I need to stop blaming my husband for the foods he brings home and need to just take control again. I can sense something emotional in my eating right now but don't know what it is. I'm thinking it is a reaction to my gluten-free experiment and thinking about a future without gluten. Whatever, time to reign in my snacking. (It did occur to me that if I stay GF and he doesn't, he should in theory be able to bring all sorts of "junk" into the house for himself if it contains gluten. Right now most of it is GF since he was originally joining me in this. Although I admit that sometimes I eat in response to something that I "can't" eat, like the bread he's had sitting on the counter for days now.) Okay, enough of that.

So, nothing happening here today but we did get plowed out last night so I plan to go through my GF recipes and find lots of PH1 meals. Planning, shopping, and maybe I'll even go so far as cooking

Have a great day.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:23 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Welcome back, Heather!

everyone else!

No hibernating here, although it's 0 right now. We're starting reno #3 this morning so we need to get up there early so we can shovel out before our helper comes. This one should be easier although I'm keeping my fingers crossed until we complete the demolition of the bathroom today and see exactly what we're dealing with.

Food has been OP and I'm grateful to have continued willingness, which is reflected on the scale. Beth-I'm trying to mention more than just the weather.

Happy Thursday everyone!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:07 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Goodmorning

Lots of snow here. We haven't had a winter like this for a long, long time. I saw my dentist yesterday and the long process is to begin. Dontbknow if I will feel like checking in here but I see lots of smoothies and soft food ahead. Keep on trucking dear chickies
Take care
Sophie
Old 02-06-2014, 09:15 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Best wishes with your dental work, Sophie!
Old 02-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Didn't have a chance to drop in earlier since I had my first Physical Therapy appointment for my neck. I could get used to that, it was like a massage okay except for the exercises but dang it felt good on my neck. hehe

I have to pick up DD2 from school as her poor mustang cannot handle the road conditions I think she is ready to trade in for a different car.

Is anyone planning on watching the Olympics?

Stay safe and warm everyone.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 241/219/165

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

Hi everyone!

Hibernate is right! I wish school was cancelled for another day (although I would've regretted it come June) because when I went out to leave for work this morning, the town plow had plowed the end of my drive back in! After I spent hours outside yesterday doing the driveway, seeing that big pile of ice chunks made me want to crawl back to bed. But I persevered, and now there's one more day to the week, and we are doing a department happy hour tomorrow at a pub one town over. Anyone have a good drink suggestion?

By the way, who should I ask to add me to the monthly weight loss goal? The thread is locked, but I would love to put myself in for 5 lbs!

Have a great evening and stay warm!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening chicks!
I was going to whine about the weather (8" of snow yesterday, -12 this morning) but Debbie made me feel a little guilty. Somehow this winter justifies it; I promise not to complain when (if?!?) I am hot this summer. And it was Ruth than said only old people complain about the weather...All I know is I could have kissed the plow guy when he did the drive! Our previous plower moved last summer and the new guy does a better job for less money. Win win!!

I have been feeling a little overwhelmed the last week or two: extra paperwork/responsibilities at work, financial aid paperwork for DS2, etc. But somehow I have managed to get it all done on time.

Welcome back, Heather!
Cyndi, you probably don't follow it anymore but Oswego and the Tug Hill are about to get slammed again. Like you, I'm also looking forward to planting season. I think I need to order some perennials or something. Spring WILL come!
Ruth, 401 is crazy to drive on when it's sunny and dry. I checked out a few pictures of the pile-up and it looked awful.
Pearl, I remember as a kid being riveted to the Olympics, but now I hardly notice. Wonder why that is?

to everyone else. Have a great evening!
Old 02-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

SunshineMia, I added you to the February weightloss goals.

Our power has been going off and on all day, but it's been holding steady now for almost 2 hours so I'm going to at least check in. Things are still pretty bad here, but we're luckier than most since we do have power most of the time. I went and got Dad and brought him over here for the day, and he was so grateful to get a cup of hot coffee and a hot meal. He insisted on going back to his house for the night, though, and his neighbor ran a cord from his generator to Dad's so he can run his heater, and they'll check in on him during the night. He called me a few minutes ago to say he's snug and toasty, so all is well.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 241/219/165

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

Thank you cottage! I hope all is well (and warm!) for you and your dad tonight.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Late night check in again....hmm last year on my work days I was usually the one starting us off lol

It pays to be nice. While attempting to shovel spaces for our patrol cars, a VERY kind strangler plowed three spaces for me. Then 4 other cops joined me in my shovel brigade. When I used to work in this command our cars were ALWAYS cleaned and shoveled around. IDK when officers got so lazy! but was glad to get much needed help without asking

Yup that counts for my exercise today My food was OP too. Good day in my book.

Linda glad to hear your dad is fairing well.

Debbie good luck with the remodel
Old 02-06-2014, 10:57 PM   #15  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

It's been so cold here in south Texas. We're supposed to get some snow tonight which will make driving fun. San Antonio shuts down if it threatens snow, so we'll see how it goes.
Closed Thread