View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #18
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Thursday and Cold

GOOD AFTERNOON IN FEBRUARY MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

It is said that the top temperature today will be 9˚ and the low at -1˚. I believe that is true for it is another chilly day. Will has hired a man to clean out the sidewalk in front of the church building and up the walk to the door. Our neighbor down the street cleaned the sidewalk in front of our house and up our walkway while he was out and about yesterday. Nice guy he is to do that but he says he is having fun doing it. We certainly donít mind him having his fun.

I was going to crock pot a roast this day but low and behold there isnít one in the freezer. Will said he will pick one up along with a rotisserie chicken from the market on his way home from the museum today. The market makes wonderful rotisserie chickens so that will be our dinner today I can crock put the roast tomorrow along with some quartered onions, baby carrots and pink potatoes.

Cecil came in and used his butt hutt ~ snow has covered his favorite spot out in the yard. Will had dug a bit of a hole and then dumped a bag of butt hut sand in it awhile back for him to use out there. Will keeps it racked out for him. Guess I will have that chore to clean it inside as long as there is snow on the ground covering his spot. It was funny ~ he inspected it first. It has been a long while since he has used it and it has clean sand in it which met with his approval.

Will got me a neat jacket from the museum. It has the faces of Custer, Hickok & Cody embroidered about 3 inches high on the front left side. They are three of the characters that lived around here in days past. The jacket is a light brown and the embroidery is dark brown. It is lined with lambs wool and nice and warm. It will be my knock around jacket. My brown fur lined gloves go nicely with it.

Have a good day my cyber friends.
Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote