Old 02-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/160/135

Height: 5'4

Default Anyone with opinions on the appetite suppressor

I have taken phentermine before and my body got used to it so it quit working as far as suppressing my appetite. Wondering if the MRC appetite suppressor has worked well for others
bombshellinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:30 PM   #2  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Wow this forum is quiet lately. I thought many people would respond to your post and say that they did the diet without the Phentatrim (or any supplements at all, just vitamins) and did just fine. Kudos to them for that. Seriously, they are amazing! I, however, take the big three and I think they help me tremendously. I am working hard to change the behaviors but just a little extra help with the hunger keeps me going.
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:01 AM   #3  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

When I started in july 2012 I took the following:

EFA's
Total Woman oil
Multi vitamin
cortitrim
MRC6

Then later I tried the phentatrim and it didnt' work for me! The MRC-6 helped a lot with losing inches
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #4  

Yes, the forums have been really quiet. Thanks so much to you both!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:30 AM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

You should be able to avoid hunger by eating the right amount of calories and eating the right types of food - i.e. calories not too low and foods with a low GI.

I can do it, so i think you could too.

The only thing i can think of that would throw this theory out is if you take an emotional hit and resort to comfort eating because of that.

Being hungry on a diet means a diet is not sustainable as far as i'm concerned. I think its why so many people fail.

So according to a calculator i put my number into my maintenance cals are 1602. And i could lose weight by eating only 1285. I said i did no exercise but i do actually do some gardening. Its usually after that when i notice weight loss most obviously.

I disagree with that bottom number. I think i would starve on that amount of calories.

So anyway in these circumstances i would eat 1600 calories per day and just do my activity as i do it which is a few times a week. It could be an hour of fairly strenuous housework instead. It doesn't have to be pumping iron. Hauling around a wheelbarrow and digging holes builds muscle, though it may not do too much for cardiac fitness.

So what i'm saying is make it easier for yourself.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #6  

I think the phentatrim is great--- really works. I have tried the ADWL too, mainly for the bedtime one--- helps me sleep.
tennesseemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/216/180

Height: 5'4"

Like you Bombshell, Phentermine worked for me at first but then basically stopped after the first trial which is too bad. I could get some more right now because it's been more than 6 months but why bother since it's not really doing anything anymore. I've heard this from a couple of other folks also
Waterbunny77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/172/125

Height: 5'2"

I am a newbie and am day 3 on pre-conditioning and doing the big-3. I am having a hard time with coffee creamer/milk and snacking. Am I not doing something right or does it just suck for a while? Lol
rshaffer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshaffer01 View Post
I am a newbie and am day 3 on pre-conditioning and doing the big-3. I am having a hard time with coffee creamer/milk and snacking. Am I not doing something right or does it just suck for a while? Lol
Hi!
Did your center give you a pack of vanilla pudding to use in your coffee? Mine did and it really helped a lot. I love it now. I sprinkle the dry pudding mix in myu coffee. You have to stir it quickly or it will lump up. Yes it it hard in the beginning, just do the best you can. After you have your food class and get your HNS it will get easier. I have not been hungry or craving sweets and I started Feb 3rd. I have lost 10 lbs so far. More the last couple of days and I am anxious to have my weigh in tomorrow. Hope this helped!
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Happiness and being motivated is a good appetite suppressor.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

what is the Big 3? My doctor wanted me to take Quismo, but I refused, I am afraid of drugs.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #12  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Bellamack - the big three are three supplements that are highly recommended by the Metabolic Research Center counselors to people on their program. Phentatrim, Corti Trim and MRC 6.
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:19 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshaffer01 View Post

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you aren't allowed a creamy HNS (the vanilla pudding) until you get to the blue menu I believe. It's so hard for me to not snack as well so I totally know how you feel and it does get easier you just gotta push thru for awhile to get to that point.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/180/150

Height: 5'1"

I am the one who posted about the vanilla pudding. My center gave it to me to use, said that the little bit used in my one cup of coffee wouldn't hurt. One individual package lasted 10 days. Maybe it is just something they allow at my center.

Last edited by geo56; 03-10-2014 at 08:42 PM.
geo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/172/125

Height: 5'2"

I really appreciate the help! I go for my class in 2 days. I will have to ask about the pudding. I am a milk or cream no sugar gal. They took my caffeine and my milk products. Amazingly I have survived but black is not favorite. Cravings are better but I hv slipped a bit-nothing huge but I am hoping with the HNS will b ok. Anyone on the hypoglycemic diet? She recommended me for this and am curious as to what I am in for!
rshaffer01 is offline   Reply With Quote