View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #74
Riestrella
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

How are we all doing??

So far I've been good with sticking to meal plans. My curry lasted me 3 whole days, tonight I was supposed to be going out with a friend but she cancelled. I don't have a plan for food tonight so I will do my best to not succumb to a ready meal/takeaway! A challenge on day 4...

Still need to fit in my strength workout, which I really should do tonight and get it out of the way so I can run this weekend!

As for me, well I did a bit more research into my visa status now I'm losing my job. I have 3 months to find a job in an English school (can't be public school or private tutoring) or I will have to leave Japan. Honestly, I think I've come to accept that I might not be here for as long as I initially intended and that's ok. I've seen some amazing things, met great people. I would have liked to travel Japan a little more outside of Tokyo this summer, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do that now. I need to think about myself and my future and not just stick around for the sake of it. I still go back and forth though, so my feelings might change soon enough!

---------------------

Dott - Perhaps your instinct is to say yes to people, so you may have to start training yourself to counter your instincts and really analyse the situation. Ask yourself a set of questions like "do I have things I really need to do?" if the answer is yes then you simply say "no" to the request. It would be hard training yourself to essentially be a different personality type, but you are the most important person in your life so prioritizing yourself is key!
Your food plan sounds so healthy! I still have to work towards that level of clean eating, it's something I truly struggle with. Happy to hear you're still focusing on your previous goals as well as your new ones! Even if you do slip up, don't put too much pressure on yourself. I find having the pyramid right above my laptop is good because it reminds me of what I need to do. But the fact that you're THINKING about your previous goals is great! You seem to do well with challenges, so why not consider your previous exercise goals a part of your new goals and that's the way you can pass. It puts a bit more pressure on yourself, but thinking about it as an all or nothing type way can work for some! However, the challenge isn't designed to punish yourself though, once you have passed a goal you can incorporate it into your life in a way that's comfortable. So go easy on yourself =).

kisskiss - Sorry to hear you had a rough night followed by work, but glad your brother is ok! Eeeee!! I'm so happy for you!! I remember you talking about saying I love you not too long ago so I'm stoked it happened at last!

kailpea - Man, I sound like your husband...I'm pretty anti-veg myself. But I really do hate myself for it, but I just can't help it! I was brought up in a very meaty/carby house hold and vegetables were always thrown on at the time plain and boring. It's the reason why my phase 7 is eat more vegetables, because I know I'll struggle! There are always home workouts you can do if it does snow!

Silver - If you love the gym, then it's probably best to invest in one you'll get the most out of. I joined a gym and LOVED the classes but the gym itself was so small it made working out a struggle. I had to wait for equipment and then I would have a time limit on it too. It sucked! So I quit.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote