Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 09:56 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Kid Chat: Week of 1/11**

Hey Alll,

I have a cranky baby. Again last night he was up at 1:30 for a 1/2 hr. and 4:30 for a 1/2 hr. He has had his fingers in his mouth more too, so I'm guessing that molar is working again.

He got up at a little before 7:30 and went back down for a nap at about 9:45!

I reallllly need to get on track. DH & I are supposed to be starting the Body for Life thing at the end of the month, but my eating is out of control. I think I'm gonna go make a menu for the week, and I think I may go make a pot of soup. We're almost out of the canned stuff we usually have, and I have half a bag of barley in the fridge, which will make a ton of soup. Think I'll dig out some bags of veggies and some chicken broth...oh, I think I have some chicken to, so maybe I'll do that, at least it will give me something on hand to eat. I've found myself going in the kitchen and opening the fridge and finding nothing. Need to have stuff on hand!

Have a great day all!
Old 01-11-2004, 02:34 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

DH gave me some wonderful news last night. 20 people from his sister unit have been mobilized. Ugh. When they need to be relieved his unit will be mobilized. It will probably be a year. Now I have this knot in my stomach. I guess I will have to start looking for a job. Another ugh!
Old 01-11-2004, 03:49 PM   #3  
LBH

Oh No!! Are they going to Iraq? Do you have a big enough area in your house to do daycare, if you're interested? Forgive me for asking this but, would they actually send him...I mean, isn't he kinda old? I mean, not 21, ya' know?

Karen, I checked my Litter Maid today, because I realized it had been awhile...OOPS...guess it's been too long, a light was blinking and there was litter clumped up all the way by the container and it was full!! The container was not full though, don't know if it came out with the rake or what. Guess I need to remind myself more often to check it! :blush: Other then that and the noise it makes...and it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r, I love it!

Peter slept til 11:30 this AM, and just went back down around 3:30. Poor little guy must not be feeling well...not to mention he keeps whacking his poor little head on everything!
Old 01-11-2004, 07:39 PM   #4  

how do you guys get your pictures small enough to attach?

rabbit
Old 01-11-2004, 07:50 PM   #5  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Rabbit--I resize the image to 300 through photoshop and then send it to my folder and then browze that folder and attach..I play with them until it is the size but I usually always get it at 300 whatevers!!!
Karen--What does that mean about DH???Would he leave??I will keep praying that it won't happen...

Lauren--What is the birthday theme??
Hello Jackie!!!
Gotta run!! Time for baths then off to make some bottles and bed!!! It has been 2 days of no nursing soo I am almost weaned or rather she is???
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 01-11-2004 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2004, 07:51 PM   #6  

Playing with pics!! Here is another!!!
Old 01-11-2004, 07:52 PM   #7  

these are from the zoo!!
Old 01-11-2004, 07:54 PM   #8  

Ok..1 more and I am really leaving!!!This is from the park by my house....We took the kids to the Childrens Museum..When Dh dowloads them I will have to send them!!!
Old 01-12-2004, 08:53 AM   #9  
LBH

Rabbit, since Village Photos stopped their free service, I'm using Photobucket.com for image hosting. You dont' have to worry soo much about size when you host it.

RR, cute pics! I wonder why it's a link, not the image itself? Maybe because you attached it, not hosted it?

The birthday theme is Baby Sesame Street. I wanted to do the fire engine theme from Birthday Express, but didn't order it all in time, and it was too darn expensive. Party City has everything 1/2 price. And to save a little more, we got the matching dessert plates, but for the luncheon plates, we got solid colors: yellow and blue to match the theme. We're using red tableclothes and the theme ones. We got an Elmo pinata too...the kind with the pull strings, for littler kids.

Peter was soo bad last night. Down at 9, up from 2-4!
Old 01-12-2004, 02:25 PM   #10  

RR & Lauren - thanks for the info. I know I tried this before with limited success - but will try again. I'd like to be able to do it easily and also change my avator when I want.

hope everyone is doing well. We don't get many posts anymore except for on the kid thread.

Rabbit
Old 01-12-2004, 05:04 PM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

I typed up this big 'ol response last night and got caught in the forum upgrade and lost everything!! I knew I was pushing my luck, but I had some new pics I was trying to get posted.

Yep, if he is mobilized DH will be going to Iraq. I get sick thinking about it. I think back on when he wanted to join the reserves and nothing we supposed about it has been true. We thought he would fill a slot over here so a real soldier could go over there. Nope. I just hope they get us the heck outta there before he has to go. And it's all the darn reports of helicopter crashes and such that bother me. Ugh.

Lauren: Cute BD party plans. When is the party? Wow, a whole firehouse full party? I think we will be small. None of the Moms in my playgroup are including us in BD party plans. Since they are the only kids I know I guess we will have a family party.

RR: Such cute pics. Wow, I can't believe you guys have weaned. When he wants to nurse all night I fantasize about weaning.

Jackie: How are things going?

Alex has a rash under his chin and on the bottom of his face. We had to go to the Pedi today. It's an allergic reaction. I was afraid of that. He's either allergic to Tropical Fruit baby food or his snowsuit. I had to get hydrocortisone cream and unscented soap. After it is cleared up we will try the food again and see if it makes him break out again.

OK, here are the pics. This is him watching Stanley:

I thought I had him blocked in the living room using the exersaucer. I went to the bathroom real quick and came out to this:

And last, wearing Dad's sailor hat:

Last edited by KarenK; 01-12-2004 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Fix pic links
Old 01-12-2004, 08:42 PM   #12  

Good Evening to all:

I am here but PMS'ing on tons of chocolate!!!!! I have been good and still no soda in a week. Continuing to drink lots of water. Scales still the same, probably because of my TOM addiction. Please tell me I'm not alone.

Did not do a whole lot over weekend. Worked on Sat for about 3 hours, took DS shopping for jeans yesterday, and that's a chore! Trying to find jeans that fit both in waist and length. We finally found some Levis that he could wear without me having to hem them. WooHoo!!!!! It was worth the extra price I had to pay for that. It's amazing the price of jeans for boys are about the same as men's jeans.

Karen: Cute pictures. I am sorry to hear about your DH possibly going to Iraq. I will keep him in my prayers that he does not have to go.

Lauren: The party theme sounds nice. I'm sure he will have a great B-Day party. Hope he lets you sleep tonite.

RR: Cute pictures!

Rabbit: I am fairly new to this forum, and I don't have a problem with you posting on the kid thread with us, if you want to. I'm sure the rest would not mind either. Do you have kids?

I want to try and do some walking this week. We have had damp rainy cold weather and it's hard to get out there and walk. I am going to attempt for maybe 2 days this week for a start. You all keep reminding me if I slip.

Hope I have not forgotten anyone. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Jackie
Old 01-12-2004, 09:08 PM   #13  
LBH

Karen, adorable pics! Alex has changed soo much, his face looks completely different in that pic! Hysterical under the exersaucer!!
The party is the 24th, probably at 1:00. I still have to write out the invites!! I'm such a freaking procrastinator!!

Jackie, Yeah, I tend to get out of control when PMS'ing. Hang in there, hopefully it'll go away soon and you'll be back in control!

Check it out...

Peter's message
Old 01-12-2004, 10:33 PM   #14  

Lauren: That is too cute!!!!!!! He is so adorable.....
Old 01-13-2004, 02:48 PM   #15  

Karen & Rr - cute pictures! The babies are really growing up.

Lauren - I had a sesame street party for ds on his first birthday.

Jackie - hi. Yes, I do have kids but they are grown up. I have a ds who is in law school and I have 2 bonus children. One is 23 and living in Florida and the other just joined the navy and is at boot camp.

Rabbit
Closed Thread