Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 09:19 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Food Network

Did anyone else see a show that they aired yesterday called Low Carb Revolution ? It was a fantastic show, it showed the pro's and con's that some doctors beleive to be true with low carbing. But all in all it pretty much favored low carbing. Here's a little explanation of the show below: You can go on the food network web site to see more about the show, it aired 1/11/04 at 4:00 pm est.

Here's the link, you can get the recipe's here and learn about the chef that lost all that weight, he was very amazing...inspirational!!!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show..._29410,00.html

Low Carb Revolutions:
A lively look at the low carb phenomenon from the Atkins Diet in the 1970's to the South Beach Diet of today. Does low carb dieting work? How? What's the science behind it? We'll see some amazing success stories and share some secrets low carb recipes.

Low Carb Dieting
Questions about the wildly popular low carb diets?
Ask George Stella -- a chef who lost 250 pounds on the diet -- and he'll select a few to answer in the upcoming weeks.

Recipes
Tequila Chicken
Spaghetti Squash Alfredo

Where to Find
Gallagher's Steak House
Ruby Tuesday
Planet Sushi
Stew Leonard's
D'Agostino
Ruthy's Baked Goods

Anyway if they do air it again, try to catch it.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:59 AM   #2  
Head Princess

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I wish I had more than the most basic of cable! Thanks, Leens!
Old 01-12-2004, 10:21 AM   #3  
Movin' and Losin'

Wow. This sounds interesting. I don't even know if I get the Food Channel??? Thanks for the link.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:26 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Even if you don't get that channel, check out the chef's link when you get there. He is amazing, not only did he lose 250 lbs, but his wife lost 75 and his two boys were like 300 lbs at the age of 12 and they lost a TON of weight, the family's total I think of weight loss was 500 lbs WOW !!!!!
Old 01-12-2004, 12:26 PM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Well in 90 days when I get my FREE cable!!! I will get to see it! I love the food network!
Old 01-12-2004, 05:03 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

The Food Network is great! I love it! Although she is not a low carb dieter, Chef Kathleen is wonderful too. Have tried many of her recipes with great success! Her show is Cooking Thin. I am so glad to see the network is speaking to alternative eating styles. Have a great day!
Old 01-13-2004, 11:40 AM   #7  
reaching my goals

Default good stuff

I finally watched my tape of this last night. It did provide some good information. I haven't been to the website for those wonderful recipes yet though.
Closed Thread