View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #33
schenectady

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/177/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
I'm also feeling very discouraged this week. I'm down 12.4 lbs since reboot and I'm a daily weigher. I feel like I need to weigh daily so I stay on plan and adjust my eating as necessary. In the past, I have avoided the scale when I was afraid of what the numbers would say, so I feel like it keeps me accountable. Anyway, the scale hasn't budged in 3 days, and I feel like it's too early for this.

I've been good for the most part, although I have eaten slightly more than the allotted 8 oz protein for the past 2 evenings. I find myself just wanting to binge. It's not hunger; I know that. It's just the need to eat something (anything) and there is nothing I can do to stop it; it's at the front of my mind all day. It even got to the point that yesterday, I considered switching to Atkins just so I could eat more. I quit smoking, actually a year ago today (wow!) and the cravings are similar to those cravings.

Lol, I know this was all over the place, but thanks for listening/reading.
I, too, am a daily weigher because I just like to have a guide as to how things are going. That being said, I take it with a grain of salt. I only allow myself the daily weigh with the understanding with my better self that I will NOT allow myself to get all twisted if it stays in the same place! In January, I had about 5 or 6 days running where the weight was the exact same to the very ounce.

Now you and I know that is not logical and therefore do not sweat it! It actually made me more determined to watch my measurements and my water and oil and make sure I was doing all possible. Then just be patient.

The cravings some times hit me, too. If I am at home, I go find something to do outside the house so that I a not in an area where food is accessible. After a short while, the craving is gone. I know that I cannot allow myself to sit on the sofa and read or watch TV when I am suffering from cravings. Too easy to get up and go into the kitchen.

Pickles help cleanse my mouth and so does tooth brushing. Both seem to cut the craving.

schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote