South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 07:03 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default 4th of Snowbruary Chat -

Good morning. Up before six - I hope I don't regress to a 5:20 wakening - I've been retired since 1998 and still do that.

Mill executive Committee meets here this a.m. I seem to be the meeting place of choice - I think it's the cookies! My Christmas Santas are still on the mantle but it's all men so I doubt they'll notice. I may ask one of the tall guys to reach down the mirror wreath.

We've been loaded with snow but Richard has been keeping my lane ploughed. Yesterday he was here three times: in the early morning for the regular ploughing, back at noon to move some of the large snowbanks to the front lawn with the front end loader and then back at five with his small plough to "tidy up''! What a great guy! $400 so far this winter and worth every penny!

Need to scurry around and get ready for the meeting but hope to finish a quilt this afternoon for a man who starts chemo Thursday. We are running out of quilts to distribute and had no masculine one so I'll bind and label this one today for delivery tomorrow. I'd really like to get it to him today since we are supposed to get snow tomorrow - not a lot but enough to affect driving.

On we go with the 4th day of Snowbruary!
Old 02-04-2014, 07:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I love the quilt distribution Ruth, that's awesome! Is this next storm going to hit up there too? We're actually supposed to get 4-8" tonight, we'll see if it really happens. I'm sure the kids will have a 2 hour delay, and if not the entire day off (esp. b/c there's supposed to be sleet too).

I woke up a bit early as well, and then got on the treadmill again. I feel so much better when I work out, and it seems to jump start me if I do it first thing, but I get so...tired...

Off to work for a full day.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good name for this month, Ruth. We're expecting several more inches overnight on top of the 10" we had yesterday.

I'm taking an overnight bag with me since it looks like I'll be better off staying at the farm tonight. I hope the roads are in good shape since today is the day I have lots of ferrying around with the kiddos.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth and snow chicks still sleeping...or shoveling

Ruth you are lucky to keep surrounding yourself with so many men You must be quite the talk of the town lol. Each time we get pelted with snow, makes condo living sound so much more appealing.

We get a reprieve today, but more snow arrives tonight through tomorrow. I need to call the court today. I am subpoenaed for a trial, but not certain what the protocol is if I cannot get there.

Once DS goes to school I will get my workout in before going to Joe's. Tomorrow will be my "chores" day. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:24 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We are in the 8-12" band for this next one. I'm just glad it's coming on Tim's day off so we can just hide inside until it's over. I see lots of clean-up tomorrow afternoon. On the plus side Friday there will be snow shoeing.

I lost a whopping .8 lbs last week. I"m just glad the scale didn't edge up after our weekend away. I need to find a better halfway stop. Our usual coffee shop has no salads or food without bread.

I better get moving early today since tomorrow will be a desk day. Happy Tuesday Chicks
Old 02-04-2014, 08:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Love the thread name, Ruth! And so fitting for me since we are getting lots today. 6-10 inches predicted here. Fortunately neither DH nor I need to be anywhere today (or tomorrow, for that matter) and I have ingredients for soup and a new hot tea to sip.

I just loaded a new version of Word on my computer so will play around with trying to figure that out today. So far it is more frustrating than I expected. I guess I thought that every document would magically open and save and convert with the new version. Apparently not.

Happy snow day
Old 02-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

They are predicting 3 to 5 inches for our area just north of us 10 inches so hopefully it doesn't go down a bit.

I am wfh today and possibly tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-04-2014, 06:03 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Is this a diet forum or weather report?! We are slated to get 3-6 inches now; the forecast keeps changing. I am trying not to crab about the weather but it is so hard...sorry Ruth, I'm dabbling in "old people activity". I need to start looking at seed catalogs and thinking about plants so I can focus on spring.

The scale and I are not friends today. I didn't think I was off plan but have seen some creep lately. Guess I will take an honest inventory and maybe try to watch portions more.

Hope everyone is warm and safe in the storms! Have a good evening.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Evening contingent checking in! I'm hiding out in my room. Mom and Dad are in the home office, re-arranging ALL THE THINGS, and I'm generally roped into being IT support. So Shhhh! I'm not here.

Ruth- Richard sounds wonderful! At the end of the season (so...mid-June for you guys? ) you should bake him some cookies or something.

All of you getting several inches of snow...I'm jealous! We're not predicted for that many, which makes me SAD!

Hope everyone has a safe evening and morning commute tomorrow!
Closed Thread