View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 04:41 PM   #1
mainecyn
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Default Planning on Speaking With My Dr about My Binge Eating

I have an appointment with my PA next month as a follow-up for a medication he put me on a few months ago. The medication is fine. But, what I want to speak with him about is my binge eating. I thought about it today and finally came to the conclusion that it is time to say something to a dr. and not be so alone with this. My only issue is that I am unsure if he has any experience whatsoever with binge eating, can offer advice, or anything. I see a physicians assistant and have seen him for years.

I really want help with this issue. I know my dr has seen me for years. He has seen me at my heaviest when my binge eating was even worse than it is now and my weight was over 220. He has also seen me when I had my binge eating under control for several years and my weight was only 147. I figure that he will be able to look over my weight on my file and see the major fluctuations. It might help "back me up" and make it easier to admit to him I have a problem and need help. I am unsure what help he may offer, and am very nervous as I haven't told anyone in "real life" about this issue. I can't stand the idea of being judged or looked down on by my dr. I really don't know what help he can offer, maybe at least support?

I know I need to start seeing a therapist or something and address the issue but in all honesty the thought of opening up emotionally and rehashing so many things with a new therapist scares me. I have put so many things behind me I don't want to drag them out. I also just don't really know why I binge, when it started for certain. I just know that I do.

I want to speak with the dr, but I am trying to figure out a way to be comfortable with speaking to him. I have been thinking that I could mention to him that my weight has gone up again and explain why? I have gained at least 15 lbs. Any advice? Or has anyone had any experience speaking with their dr?

I have been 16 days without a binge. My weight continues to climb though and unsure why except that it has to be all the previous eating catching up with me. The calories and pounds have to come from somewhere, right?

Last edited by mainecyn : 02-03-2014 at 04:42 PM.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote