View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #8
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous and Cold Monday

GOOD AFTERNOON IN FEBRUARY MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

Another day in the cool to cold temps and they say we have a 90% chance of snow tomorrow. What we got the other day is gone except around the edges. I showed a ďmaintainĒ in my weight today which I gladly accept. I always did have the hardest time losing weight in the winter months and this winter is no different it seems.

The folks around here that have fireplaces sure make the air smell good but make my eyes water. I donít know how they can afford to burn wood if they have to buy it for at the station where they sell it ~ it is $5 for four logs about two feet long and 6 inches wide. I remember when we would go up into the mountains and cut wood for the stove in the church building when we lived in WY. It takes a lot of wood to keep a room nice and cozy. We also have a wood burning stove up at the cabin and I know how much it took to cook a meal. That isnít the only source of heat up there though. When we went up there we took enough food to last the amount of days we planned to be there for the nearest store is many miles down the mountain. I am so thankful that my folks bought that cabin from my fatherís brothers when I was just a young girl. It was plenty big for it has 4 bedrooms. We spent a lot of fun times up there. We could be surfing in the morning for we lived 2 blocks from the beach and up in the mountains playing in the snow the same day. From sea level to 6000 feet up in the Sierras 180 miles away. Our daughters ashes are scattered on the ridge above a meadow adjacent to the cabin overlooking a huge lake. The pulleys are still there on the trees along the meadow for the old ski lift on that hill they used back in the 20ís. The skiers sat in a chair and pulled themselves up to the top of the hill for it wasnít motorized. That, my Magnolia friends was a trip down memory lane. I love that cabin.

Have a good day my cyber friends.
Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote