General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-31-2014, 08:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Bethenny rant

Does anyone watch Bethenny? I really dislike her, therefore from time to time I tune in to see what other ways I can find to dislike her lol. Haha!

So on this particular occasion I tuned in right at the moment that she was introducing a dietician with a new weightloss book called The 8-Hour Diet. Basically, it's a take on IF - eat only during an 8-hr window. As she was introducing him she went on to say that she finds it difficult to book guests for diet books because she likes to treat these segments like a debate. The whole time that the guy was trying to explain the concept she was interrupting him and disagreeing with him.

Anyway, I find her annoying and so rude and extremely self centered.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:39 PM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I've never watched that and really don't watch much TV but I totally understand how frustrating that would be to watch a segment where the speaker doesn't really get to speak.....even in a real debate, each side gets time to speak, not interrupting and arguing

200-some channels on my TV at home and all I watch is Spongebob LOL
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 296/ticker/180

Height: 5'6"

I hate her and avoid watching her, but I like this plan of watching to find new ways to hate her!

It's like when I watch Hoarders to feel better about my messy house, right?
ShelBl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelBl View Post
I hate her and avoid watching her, but I like this plan of watching to find new ways to hate her!

It's like when I watch Hoarders to feel better about my messy house, right?
Actually, I try to stay away from berating women. Obviously she's very popular and accomplished and of course she has a lot of traits that people find appealing: she is outspoken, she can be funny, she makes fun of herself sometimes, and she is relatable to a lot of people. I don't hate her. I just think that it could be so much better. I actually loved her on the Housewives. When she got her own show on Bravo it started to go downhill because I didn't like watching an entire hour just about her and she's a little crass for my taste. It also became quite evident that she was a little controlling and self centered. I don't watch just to hate her, but I end up disliking her more and more when I do.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I watch her show when the guests are interesting to me. Personally, I don't see the point in watching a show to find out what else I can dislike about someone. I'd rather not waste energy on things I don't like.

She has a very blunt personality, and at times she could use more tact, sure. The same can be said for lots of people that are in the reality show business. To the producers, drama = more viewers = higher ratings = $$$.

I don't regularly watch, but from what I've seen the 'diet' segments are the ones where she argues the most. In fact, I remember being surprised when the teen mom (Farrah?) went on her show and then later came out to the press saying she felt attacked -- if anything, I thought Bethenny stepped in and changed topics when it looked like the audience was feeling a little hostile towards Farrah.
There's a good chance I was biased in that situation though -- not a fan of the teen mom franchise at all so I avoid it. The only things I know about that show are from the gossip magazines I skim while in line at the grocery.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: see ticker

I never cared for her. Her smug, snarky attitude on RHONY really turned me off. She spoke in a way that on the surface seemed self-depricating, but it seemed like underneath that she believed she was the coolest chick in the room, IYKWIM.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #7  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I've never watched her but I did like her book, Naturally Thin. I'm kind of disappointed to learn that she debates other diet book authors. Her book is great, but only for some people. It's kind of Intuitive Eating but with a little boost of structure. If you didn't have much to lose and only needed a little shaping up of eating habits rather than an overhaul like many of us, I think her book would help without making someone obsessive about diet who doesn't need to be. I need to be a bit obsessive or I fall back to bingeing, so the 8 Hour Diet would be a better fit for me. Since diet gurus don't seem to be aware of it (or willing to admit it), dieters need to know this: what works for one person won't work for everyone, not matter the hype, and we each need to find our own path.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:17 AM   #8  

I haven't read her book. But she does contribute nutritional advice to some
Magazine that I read (can't remember which sorry) and I don't like her advice. It's very diet like advice like use low fat cheese and calorie free ingredients. No offense but I find no pleasure in eating celery dipped in fat free cottage cheese. I can't eat like that.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I've only seen a portion of an episode of her show. It wasn't by choice, it was on the tv at the nail salon my mom and I go to.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote