Old 02-02-2014, 09:50 AM   #10
novangel
Warrior Princess

S/C/G: 155/138/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by davina View Post
Thanks for all the input.
I do take medication I have no problem with that, however the anti depressants don't really do much for my issues, the anti anxiety meds are helpful with certain things.
yes I need help at this point and get some kind of cognitive therapy for the fears I just feel like I have so much to overcome and am completely stuck and can't get out of it.
I guess you have to feel the fear in order to get better and stop avoiding it.
I remember when weight used to be my biggest hurdle I almost wish I could go back to those days after experiencing this nightmare.
That's great that you're taking something but if it's not working ask to try a different SSRI. Some work better than others depending on the person. They may also up your anti-anxiety dosage a little for now, but getting the right SSRI is key.

Also, yes...you have to face your fear. Exposure therapy WILL help a lot. Start out with a friend or family member and sit outside for a while, then get in the car and go as far as you can, then next time go a little further. Right now your home is "safe" but you and I know that's irrational...that's part of having a phobia. Whenever I feel scared my first instinct is to run home. I eventually learned to stop, sit down and make myself not go home. A lot of times I start to sweat when I am getting ready to leave the house to go somewhere for a night out. Believe me I want to stay home but I force myself to go...meds in my purse, but I go. It's hard. I totally understand. Keep fighting, hun. Tell yourself out loud that you wont allow this "thing" to ruin your life or keep you from going places. There are times I feel a panic attack coming on and I yell out "bring it on!" and it stops. It's a cycle of being in fear of the fear. Once you take control of your mind the fear stops.

Sorry for the novel..rambling thoughts. Good luck, hun.

novangel is offline   Reply With Quote