South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-01-2014, 09:42 PM   #1  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Default About to start Phase 2

Tomorrow is my last day on phase 1. I'm kind of nervous about starting Phase 2. I'm not having cravings, but I'm just kind of nervous about reintroducing things that mimic the things that I used to crave.

Does anyone have any advice? Anything that really helped you get through?
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:24 PM   #2  
keto on

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'4"

what weight loss plan are you using in regards to your phases?
divinechaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:41 PM   #3  
Thin Girl in Training

I'm doing South Beach Diet. Phase 2 is when you phase back in whole grains, and fruit.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: See tracker!

Height: 5'4''

I just started Phase 2 a few days ago and I quickly learned that I need to really focus on avoiding the "OMG CARBS" mentality. I bake my own bread, so I made a 100% whole wheat loaf and got really excited about it, so I ate two slices on day 1 plus a piece of fruit. Holy moly that was a lot for me! I was so energized I could barely sleep that night....and the fruit was so sweet!

When it comes to fruit, I learned to research and keep track of the sugar grams in different fruits...they ended up too sweet for my liking after Phase 1, especially bananas. Also, limit yourself to one whole grain serving a day for as long as you possibly can! It's hard...really, really hard lol....but for me I know it's really necessary. I have a serious problem with simple carbs, so my goal is to defeat their hold on me. Phase 1 was easy compared to this!

Best of luck and if you'd like to share tips with each other, send me a message! I'm always looking for a support group.
cdavidowsky37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

The chicks too have recommended to only add one thing back in a week, and then see what happens. For instance, if you're dying to have grains back, add in oatmeal at breakfast. If you're suddenly craving snacks, etc. 2 or 3 hours later, then oatmeal for breakfast isn't a good idea.

I love apples, but they set me off. Oatmeal doesn't hold me at breakfast, but it does a lot better if they're the overnight oats (with yogurt/more protein). By taking it slow and easy, you'll really notice what sets off cravings and what doesn't.

Hope you find what works for you!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #6  
Thin Girl in Training

Having done SBD before, I know oatmeal at breakfast will make me crave carbs like a monster all day. So my plan is that my grain/fruit will be no earlier than my afternoon snack or dinner so if I'm wrong about a choice, I'm not craving from 8am onwards.

Thanks for the advice everyone
Old 02-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Sounds like you have a really smart and doable plan. I savor my nighly apple with cheese or bean chips for my special snack. I don't feel like I am missing out. I do limit my grains to sparingly. I try not to consume wheat as eliminating seems to be helping with nagging joint pain. Gluten free breads, pasta, brown rice etc do not set off my cravings thank goodness!!!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #8  
Thin Girl in Training

Bread for me has always been a problem. I love it to a really unhealthy level. I think I need to keep it out of my diet for a while. There are some good 80 calorie whole grain tortillas I like that I can use as a substitute when I need it, but I know that one bite of bread is lighting the fuse on a stick of dynamite.