Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 06:39 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Weekend Chat Sat 2/1 - Sun 2/2/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-01-2014, 09:06 AM   #2  
Started IP 1/19/2014

S/C/G: 173.6/162.8/130

Height: 5'8

2nd WI lost 2.8 no inches but still happy
Old 02-01-2014, 09:31 AM   #3  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Morning, all!

I am so glad that January is over! Happy February!!!

Just got a quick workout in and finished a banana bread Proti-Diet bar. Good way to start a Saturday! So thrilled that it is actually above freezing this morning, for the first time in a while. Now going to get some school work done. I have a training to lead on Monday that I need to finalize and tons of work to grade. A teacher's work is never done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefnrod View Post
2nd WI lost 2.8 no inches but still happy
Congrats! Way to go!

~Renee
Old 02-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #4  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Morning, all!

I am so glad that January is over! Happy February!!!

Just got a quick workout in and finished a banana bread Proti-Diet bar. Good way to start a Saturday! So thrilled that it is actually above freezing this morning, for the first time in a while. Now going to get some school work done. I have a training to lead on Monday that I need to finalize and tons of work to grade. A teacher's work is never done!

Congrats! Way to go!

~Renee
Do you like the banana bread? I almost bought a box because I love banana bread, but absolutely hate artificial banana flavor and one of the reviews I read said the flavor was artificial, so I didn't get it. What do you think? Is it close to the real thing?
Old 02-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/232/170

Height: 5'10"

I was just going to ask about the banana flavored pudding. I love banana pudding usually but the IP banana pudding is disgusting! Any ideas how I can doctor it up to make it better? It's got a horrible after taste. I may have to go buy another box of something else to get me through week 2.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Hi All!

NSF for today - I made hard boiled eggs all by myself! I've never done it before so I wasn't sure if they were even going to be editable and they were!
Old 02-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Renee-I am so with you, glad that January is over! Hopefully Feb, will bring more continuity in the classroom. Sorry that you are working today, I am taking this weekend off! Grades were due this week and I have school fatigue, not with the kids-with the adults lol.

Scale was down a pound this morning Have not seen that number in 12 years.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:48 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Do you like the banana bread? I almost bought a box because I love banana bread, but absolutely hate artificial banana flavor and one of the reviews I read said the flavor was artificial, so I didn't get it. What do you think? Is it close to the real thing?
I adore the banana bread bars. However, it sounds like you are pretty sensitive to those artificial flavors. Obviously, texturally it is not like banana bread, but I love the flavor. I enjoy them for breakfast, and so does my daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Renee-I am so with you, glad that January is over! Hopefully Feb, will bring more continuity in the classroom. Sorry that you are working today, I am taking this weekend off! Grades were due this week and I have school fatigue, not with the kids-with the adults lol.

Congrats on your WI! I have been working myself sick all week- up until about nine at least three nights this week doing school stuff. The annoying thing is that most of it was NOT lesson or grade related. I am in charge of our Mass next week, so I had to organize and type that up. This week, I need to choose readers and practice with them. I am also doing a training on Monday about interactive whiteboards, and some changes were thrown at me on Thursday, so I am working to revamp the whole thing. (A little bitter about that, believe me.)

Enjoy your relaxing weekend! I think that will be me next weekend. And I k ow what you mean about the adults...
Old 02-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 194/169/145

Looking forward to warmer temperatures and lower weight in February! Bring on the sunshine. Weigh in last week has put me to within 3 pounds of a number I haven't seen in a very long time- (170's) small goals, but attainable for the first time with IP.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post

Congrats! That's awesome. Feels good, doesn't it? I'm looking forward to that feeling!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 260

Height: 5'4

Morning, I apologise if this question has already been asked, I did look in the stickies but couldnt find an answer.

I have a girls nite coming up and would like to have a drink or two. I have told my coach about this and he told me he would help me prepare so that my body doesnt get 'shocked'by this. So any advice on what is the best drink to have, meaning the fewest carbs ,sugars etc?
Old 02-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallytime View Post
Morning, I apologise if this question has already been asked, I did look in the stickies but couldnt find an answer.

I have a girls nite coming up and would like to have a drink or two. I have told my coach about this and he told me he would help me prepare so that my body doesnt get 'shocked'by this. So any advice on what is the best drink to have, meaning the fewest carbs ,sugars etc?
The maintenance paperwork addresses alcohol intake once off the initial three phases and recommends red wine and only red wine. I know of a few people who drink plain vodka on the first three phases, but I have not researched it because I don't like vodka. They like vodka in unsweet tea. (Ew!)

However, consider some club soda with some special flavorings or something. Squeeze of lemon or lime, some mio, etc. I had club soda with some muddled mint and some PowerAde Zero on Thanksgiving when everyone else was drinking.

Whatever you choose, be sure to get in plenty of water!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:36 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 305/262.8/180

Height: 5'5 1/2

My first month and I'm down 24.8 pounds I realize the weight will slow but the results from this month have me hooked. I remained 100% OP and I know I can do this. I'm using strictly alternatives. The first week was hard but after that it became easy. I no longer crave sugary foods which means a lot coming from me, as there is always cake, pie, or candy in the house. I do miss happy hour on Fridays with friends and colleagues but I'll survive. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you. Even though I rarely post, I read daily.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly queen View Post
My first month and I'm down 24.8 pounds I realize the weight will slow but the results from this month have me hooked. I remained 100% OP and I know I can do this. I'm using strictly alternatives. The first week was hard but after that it became easy. I no longer crave sugary foods which means a lot coming from me, as there is always cake, pie, or candy in the house. I do miss happy hour on Fridays with friends and colleagues but I'll survive. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you. Even though I rarely post, I read daily.
Awesome!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Way to go, Butterfly Queen! So happy for you.
Closed Thread