View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 03:50 AM   #342
PerishTheWeight
Easy Victor

S/C/G: 178.4/159.4/135

Height: 5'6"

Finished my first week on Thursday - this afternoon (Friday) the scale read 170.9 - which is a loss of 7.5 lbs. from my starting weight. A majority of that was lost in the first 4 days - obviously "water weight". I weigh every day at about the same time on the wii fit so that I can try to pinpoint and gauge where/when my fluctuations occur. Today was a few hours late as I had a children's event to attend. Regardless, I think that the weight I've lost since day four is probably fat loss now, as I am being pretty regimented with the diet and am trying to stick to it as much as possible. For those who are interested in how it's going for me - an almost 52 year old in the midst of menopause, below are the initial stats. I still have a long way to go but feel like I'm off to a good start. I fully expect to drop, then plateau a few times in this process.

Some of the things I'm doing to help keep myself motivated are taking a weekly photo/video of myself in the same bathing suit which will hopefully help me to see that my body is changing even in the weeks when the numbers aren't. I'm also doing a "reward" system for little milestones. Completing this first week has earned me a waterproof cover for my Nook so that I can read in the bathtub in the evenings without worry! I've started taking a relaxing evening bubble bath during the times that are my most vulnerable for snacking - after dinner while watching t.v. programs. I figure if I look forward to hopping into my lavender essential oil scented tub and reading reading a good book, then I won't feel the urge to late night snack so much! At least that's the theory! Sticking with things successfully until Valentines day will reward me with a mani/pedi - or maybe a massage. And so on. Making little goals will give me something to look forward to and and to aim for!

Anyway - here are my stats so far. Wish me continued luck on this journey!

According to Wii Fit weigh in daily at approx.. 4pm:
Week 1:
Jan. 23: 1st day = 178.4, a loss of 0.0 lbs., a total loss of 0.0 lbs.
Jan. 24: 2nd day = 176.1, a loss of 2.3 lbs., a total loss of 2.3 lbs.
Jan. 25: 3rd day = 175.0, a loss of 1.1 lbs., a total loss of 3.4 lbs.
Jan. 26: 4th day = 173.1, a loss of 2.0 lbs., a total loss of 5.3 lbs.
Jan. 27: 5th day = 172.8, a loss of 0.3 lbs., a total loss of 5.6 lbs.
Jan. 28: 6th day = 173.1, a gain of 0.3 lbs, a total loss of 5.3 lbs
Jan. 29: 7th day = 172.2, a loss of 0.9 lbs., a total loss of 6.2 lbs.

Week 2:
Jan. 30: 8th day = 172.2, a loss of 0.0 lbs., a total loss of 6.2 lbs.
Jan. 31: 9th day = 170.9 , a loss of 1.3 lbs., a total loss of 7.5 lbs.

Last edited by PerishTheWeight : 02-01-2014 at 11:12 AM.