View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 06:19 PM   #2
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friday

GOOD AFTERNOON IN JANUARY MAGNOLIAS ☺♫

It snowed just a skiff last night and it is cold today. They say we have a chance of getting more snow this evening after 8pm with 1 to 3 inches. Hoorah for any moisture we can get. If that happens we can go out and play with our Jeep.

I have decided not to get that bow after all and just hone my shooting a sling shot. I have a perfectly good wrist rocket, which needs new robbers, that I got quite good with one like it as a teenager and will get some marbles and do some practice in the back yard to get my aim sharpened up again. I can kill snakes and other varmints and not have to retrieve any arrows. Will is going to make us each a nice little leather pouch to carry our ammo in. He has some very soft leather that will make excellent ammo bags. The reason being where we go tramping around we have encountered some unsavory characters of the varmint kingdom and we donít want to face any, without protection of some sort. We have a very nice backyard to practice in and get our skill up to par whenever the weather decides to co-operate. I found out I needed new rubbers when I drew back and one side snapped ~ what a surprise.

With the weather turning bad for traveling we have cancelled our quick trip to Texas so will be staying home. We have decided when we can find new batteries for the MH then when we do leave here we can go there and visit our friends. No one around here sells the MH kind we are looking for. We may have to make a trip to a big city to get some at a Camping World store.
When we can we buy locally but when we canít we go to where they sell what it is that we are after.

SUSAN How nice they started a group that you can join and help your condition. Thank you for starting a fresh thread. It is nice now someone else will have a turn to have fun with the nice kitchen tools I have gathered these past few years. They are all still in good condition and will serve someone well for years to come. What I am taking will do more than one thing and not be specialty items. It was fun gathering up a nice array of kitchen appliances and now it will be fun to sell them and reduce my inventory down to what I can use to do an array of jobs without them.

Have a good day my cyber friends.
Always remember ~ Never, never, never give up

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote